• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

24 yr old son disclosed that he was sexually abused as a child numerous times by a ne

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

scsusieq

What is the name of your state? Ohio
Help! My 24 yr old troubled son just told me he was sexually abused from age 13-18 by a neighbor. He had a "father-son" relationship with this man, they built a stock car together, spent every waking hr together, my son had his own rm at this married man's house. My son's father died in 1983, I thought this man was the greatest thing that had ever happened for us. Boy was I wrong! My son just got divorced 6 mos ago. He's drinking every night(& sometimes day) experimenting w/drugs, very depressed & when not drinking he's sleeping sometimes for 24 hrs straight. This man just recently pd my son $3,500 to keep quiet, evidently they agreed on $5000 (more to this that involves a meeting between my son & the perpetrator & a tape recording of the conversation). When the man didn't pay the rest of the $ that's when my son went in a rage & out of anger, told me what it was all about. What should we do? I am so worried about my son's self-destructive mode he's living. I am so angry & want to confront the perpetrator (not to mention what else I want to do to him) I want to see this man locked up! He has had about 3 other boys "helping" with the car in the past 5 yrs since my son left there in a rage. I set up a meeting w/ a counselor last wk & my son refused to go. We went to the prosecutor's ofc & was told to file a report w/ the sheriff dept. My son's ex-wife who knows nothing about this, works for the sheriff. He refused to go there. He knows he needs help & I think he's ready to report the crime. My son has always been a great kid & hard worker. He is going fast down a one-way street the wrong way!
Sincerely,
Susie(angy, hurt & desperate mom feeling very responsible)

Beth3

Even if your son won't go to counseling, you need to go so you can get expert advice on how you can help your son through this. Until he's ready to get counseling himself and pursue his legal options, that's really all you can do.

S

scsusieq

Thank you Beth

I'm making an appointment sorry I didn't send this sooner. I think that was probably good advise. Nothing has changed here.
Sincerely, Mom

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">