• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

30 day impound

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sourgrl

A friend was driving my car and was arrested and my car was impounded for 30 days for my friend supposedly having a suspended liscense. That was their reason for impounding my car. He is not being charged for driving on a suspended liscense but my car which is registered still has a 30 hold on it This is in Calif. Is there any way of getting the hold lifted on my vehicle. I have called the impounding agency over and over and no onne will call me back.
HELP ME PLEASE! Lisa

TYRIS

you need to contact the local agency tha towed you vehicle and show them the registration that you are the registered owner of the vehicle. they should release the vehicle to you ( minus towing fees by the towing agencey). if this does not work, go to the local court house where the vehicle was towed and get a "minute order" from the judge. you can take the "minute order" to the towing agency and get your car back.

if this doesn't work, i can give you other options.

tyris

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">