• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

30 year old crime

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gingerbread11

What is the name of your state? California
Thirty years ago an oral surgeon was acquitted of oral copulation of female patient. I was his surgical assistant. While I never saw any body parts, one day entering the room I did see him moving his arms like he was tucking in a shirt, the pt's head turned toward him. During questioning and depositions I never mentioned this; they were always interested in "office procedures". I remember being extremely scared, for one reason, I was breadwinner of family and only 23 years old, very naive, how was I to mention this "feeling"? I even tried to tell the lawyer the morning of my testimony that I felt things were not quite right; the lawyer said "he would have to limit my testimony" My question is: could I be in danger of possible obstruction of justice, and I really want to write this guy a letter and tell him that I think he was guilty and that this burden has been with me for this long, and this is my way of letting go. Any help will be greatly appreciated. gingerbread11

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Any applicable statute of limitations has long ago expired - - for all parties and all witnesses, including yourself.

Do not write any letters. It could be viewed as a form of stalking, terrorism, extortion, or whatever else.

Since the law is no longer applicable due to the statute of limitations, it's also time for you to "let sleeping dogs lie."

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">