• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3rd Strike. Texas.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Redah

Texas.

My one of a kind neighbor was picked up yesterday by the Border Patrol for transporting 'undocumented illegals'. This is his 3rd offense of the same charge. Will he be going for a long time? should we have a party yet?

quincy

Texas.

My one of a kind neighbor was picked up yesterday by the Border Patrol for transporting 'undocumented illegals'. This is his 3rd offense of the same charge. Will he be going for a long time? should we have a party yet?
There is no way for us to tell. Best answer, I suppose, is "maybe."

Proserpina

Texas.

Crystal ball is still broken.

Sorry.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Your neighbor's attorney will be the best one to advise HIM of what kind of penalty he'll be dealing with.

Hopefully he'll be going to prison for a while.

Texas.

Don’t know, the crystal ball is broken right now, check back later..
..____________________
~ I shoot from the hip and rarely miss,
my foot.

Redah

Then he will have an attorney appointed to represent him. Glad to know you like the COnstitution. :rolleyes:
I like the Constitution just fine. What I don't like is my neighbor having a criminal enterprise 400' from my house, if he can afford an attorney or not is his problem.

FlyingRon

The federal three strikes law doesn't apply. It only applies to convictions for serious violent felony convictions. Which this does not appear to fit.
.Quincy's quotation shows what penalties are available for a third offense.

davew128

Texas.

I don't suppose they'll send him back WITH his illegal friends?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">