• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

4th degree Assault.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Prelaw007

I live in washington state. Last July I was assaulted by a girl at a party. The girl had tried adding me on facebook a week before this ever happened, I had never met her before. She was nineteen and I was seventeen. We were in the kitchen when she was verbally assaulting me and I asked if she could please leave me alone. She replied saying no in a very snotty way. I told her I didnt want to fight and she said she wasn't going to fight me and when I was walking away she grabbed me by the back of my hair and began punching me in the face. She fractured my nose and left a huge knot in the back of my head. The next day her friend tried adding me on facebook. I know she's done this before. She's done it to another peer of mine, but she never pressed charges, I was curious if an affidavit would be helpful to my case from the other victim.

CdwJava

What would this affidavit from your friend say? Did she also assault your fried the same way she assaulted you? Or would it just be about the attempt to add you as a friend in Facebook?

If you have friends that witnessed her attack on you, certainly let the police know who they are. The Facebook thing is not likely to be too relevant, though.

Right now, it appears the police have the case. Let them handle it. If you want to know how things are going, call the investigating officer maybe once a week to ask what's up, but don't pester him or her. If they send the case to the prosecutor and charges are filed, you may be called to testify at court. That could be months away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">