• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

6year old girl loaded on wrong bus and let off alone and picked up by strangers...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jscalvert

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

I live in Kingsland, Texas. My problem is that today my six year old girl was not only allowed to board the wrong bus, but was dropped off at a bus stop on a major hwy and a little dirt road. No one was there to meet her. We dont know who picked her up, but she told us someone drive her the half mile to my wifes work. Let me say now, that 2 weeks ago my daughter did have to ride this bus to my wife's workplace. We had to call the school's front office, the bus barn and send a hand written and signed note for this to happen. What scares me about this is the fact that only having done this once, she was allowed to leave the bus by herself and to get in a car with God only knows who. I called the police department and was told by dispatch that my only recourse was to call the bus barn. I asked why and she said no crime had been committed. Is this not Neglect?? I would say it was. If my child comes home to an empty house could someone not report me to CPS?? Does a little girl have to get kidnapped, raped or murdered for this to become a crime?? Im not looking for money at all.. Im just looking for responsibilty.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

proud_parent

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

I live in Kingsland, Texas. My problem is that today my six year old girl was not only allowed to board the wrong bus, but was dropped off at a bus stop on a major hwy and a little dirt road. No one was there to meet her. We dont know who picked her up, but she told us someone drive her the half mile to my wifes work. Let me say now, that 2 weeks ago my daughter did have to ride this bus to my wife's workplace. We had to call the school's front office, the bus barn and send a hand written and signed note for this to happen. What scares me about this is the fact that only having done this once, she was allowed to leave the bus by herself and to get in a car with God only knows who. I called the police department and was told by dispatch that my only recourse was to call the bus barn. I asked why and she said no crime had been committed. Is this not Neglect?? I would say it was. If my child comes home to an empty house could someone not report me to CPS?? Does a little girl have to get kidnapped, raped or murdered for this to become a crime?? Im not looking for money at all.. Im just looking for responsibilty.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Have you discussed the matter with the superintendent of schools? If so, how did s/he respond to your concerns?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">