• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

9 year old being harrassed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bird79

What is the name of your state? NY

I posted this in the slander/fefamation forum 1st but it may be approtriate here as well.

My 9 year old step son unfortunately lives most of the time with his mother and her boyfriend who aren't my favorite people, but his "step-father's" ex is even worse - lisa.

Lisa has dragged my step son into all the chaos and court struggles and issues she has with my step son's mother and her (Lisa's) ex-husband.

Lisa called CPS on her ex who she has 3 children with who spend time with their father, my step son, and step son's mother in their home. I am not sure of the whole complaint, but some of it was against my step son. She claimed her daughter (7 yr old) reported my 9 yr old step son sexually harrassed her. My step son was pulled out of school and questioned by the police and CSP investigator. The investigation re: this harrassment was unfounded - Based on the shadey past of Lisa we assume she coached her daughter into saying what ever she did, non the less everything against my step son was unfounded.

My step son's mother reports to my husband (obviously his father) lisa continues to leave messages on their machine regarding my step son's "guilt" and is telling people all over what she states he did to sexually harrass her daughter. In the past my step son has told my husband and myself his "step brothers and sister" at mom's house make fun of him and tell him how their mother, lisa, says he is stupid and an idiot.

Frankly I don't care what Lisa does to his mother but I feel terrible for my step son. We have urged his mother to file harrassment charges against lisa because his mother tells my husband she has recordings and letters with proof of all she tells him about this matter. She refuses to file those charges because she does not think a restraining order will help (I don't get her thinking, see my post in this forum: Aggrivated harrassment in second degree). She is stating she is doing research and plans to get a civil lawyer pro bono (we are all broke) to go after lisa for slander, defamation of character, intentional affliction (?), and some other things.
She said instead of money she was advised to ask for a "word of seal", which I haven't heard of, apparently she thinks an order can be mandated that Lisa can not speak of my step son with out permission of some sort?

Can anyone advise me if there is anything me or my husband can do to protect my step son from further damage of lisa'a accusations/harrassment? Is his mother on the right path- is anyone familiar with what she is looking to do? Our experience with his mother is she is all talk and will continue to do "research", my husband and I have no contact with Lisa so we are going on what his mother is telling us about the continued harrassment, if it is going on we would like it to stop but because we are not in receipt of the harrassment at our home I don't think we can make a criminal or civil complaint. Thank you for your time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">