• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ability to purchase a ling gun

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

terrye92

I am currently involved in a peculiar situation. Some 20 years ago I plead guilty to a charge on Involuntary manslaughter charge as a result of an auto accident. This charge was a midemeanor 1 in PA. I now find that when I attempt to purchase a hunting rifle for my son, I am denied by the PA PICS (instant check system). I have been told that I can legally buy these guns under the laws of PA so technically they can't deny the purchase. However, under federal laws my record may be considered more serious, thereby denying me the right to make these purchases. This seems to be a denial of my rights as I was never charged under a federal statute, but I am having my rights removed as if I had. I have been told that I need to have my record cleared at both the State and then the federal levels to get rid of this situation; A very lenghty and expensive process. Can you tell me if there are other alternatives?
Thank you for any advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">