• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

About Blue Cross Blue Shield

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Doll5272

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

I was not sure where to post this! I got a letter yesterday that Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Tennesse had 57 Hard Drives stolen from their office in October and that our families personal information was on one of those drives and we may be in jeopardy of idenitity theft. My question is it took them 5 months to contact us do we have a legal leg to stand on to sue them especially since they said the hard drives were NOT encrypted and this information is very easy for the thief to get to

JETX

do we have a legal leg to stand on to sue them
Yes. You can file a lawsuit to recover the damages you incurred due to their negligence.
Of course, now you have to figure out what REAL 'damages' you have suffered. If you are really, REALLY lucky... you might get $10 or so.
Be sure and keep your kids involved in every step of the legal process... they way they at least gain an education in the legal process on the way.

CdwJava

In other words, if you have not actually suffered any damages there is no wreak point in suing. You cannot successfully sue because of what MIGHT happen as a result of the theft.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">