• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

About my kids

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

malk

What is the name of your state? kansas

I won in court my kids 17 months ago from thier mom who abused them, now im in trouble with the law ( but has nothing to do with them) and i could go to jail for 6 month.
My ex-wife thinks she will get the 3 boys back, yesterday we talked to the county attorney and he said she will never get the kids back( hes the one who help me get the kids, but is now the one who might put me in jail) . he claims i wont go to jail, but ive seen people go after being promised things.
Anyway
1#my girlfeind and i are not married, but if we were, would she be able to keep the kids untill i got out?
2# is there anything i could do to help make sure my ex-wife doesnt get them?
she has done everything asked by attorneys and judges to get unsepervise visits, so i fear that maybe they will find her fit to have the kids back.
thank you for your time
malcolm

P

pass23431

Why are you fearing jail time? What kind of charges do you have pending? That may factor in.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

pass23431 said:
Why are you fearing jail time? What kind of charges do you have pending? That may factor in.

My response:

The writer, gleaned from his other posts, is a "Domestic Batterer", having beat the crap out of his girlfriend. He makes numerous excuses for his crimes, and refuses to admit responsibility.

He's now going to jail, and his children will either be sent away to other, and hopefully, willing relatives or they're going into foster care. The children's biomother, like our writer, is a waste of DNA and the kids won't be going to her - - no matter what.

I believe there's a trailer involved in this scenario.

IAAL

M

malk

that was rude

i never beat my girlfreind, and in fact she never called the police it was her son about something else. When the police asked my girlfreind what happen to her black eye, we both told the truth which was that i poked her in the eye with my finger. We was aruging and she was facing another direction and i was pointing at her saying( im tierd of this and that) and she went to get into my face and ran unto my finger.
That is the gods truth, but no one believe us. We are still together, and things are fine. People do hurt others by accidents, were not perfect. It happened just like that, weve never had any other law problems excpet for the son.
It would have been nice to get real advice and not rude comments.
the county attorney wants to drop aggavated assult( was 16 feet apart) this was towrd her 6 foot son who was coming onto my property. for me to plea guilty to domstic battery and hes going to bring that down to simple battery.
I am a good person and father im 34 and only been trouble with the law once before 12 years ago. so thats not to bad in my eyes.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: that was rude

malk said:
i never beat my girlfreind, and in fact she never called the police it was her son about something else. When the police asked my girlfreind what happen to her black eye, we both told the truth which was that i poked her in the eye with my finger. We was aruging and she was facing another direction and i was pointing at her saying( im tierd of this and that) and she went to get into my face and ran unto my finger.
That is the gods truth, but no one believe us. We are still together, and things are fine. People do hurt others by accidents, were not perfect. It happened just like that, weve never had any other law problems excpet for the son.
It would have been nice to get real advice and not rude comments.
the county attorney wants to drop aggavated assult( was 16 feet apart) this was towrd her 6 foot son who was coming onto my property. for me to plea guilty to domstic battery and hes going to bring that down to simple battery.
I am a good person and father im 34 and only been trouble with the law once before 12 years ago. so thats not to bad in my eyes.

My response:

"But, your Honor, I swear, her face ran into my fist! And that wall? It just jumped out and smacked her nose!"

You know, I really don't care. The fact is, you're going down for the count. Your kids are going bye-bye, and you can figure on losing custody.

You said, "only been trouble with the law once before 12 years ago. so thats not to bad in my eyes."

Not too bad? Not too bad? Oh, brother!

Let me guess . . . you were popped for drugs, right?

IAAL

and i was pointing at her saying( im tierd of this and that) and she went to get into my face and ran unto my finger.
Yeah..And I ran into my ex's hands with my throat....Damn us clumsy women!:rolleyes:

only been trouble with the law once before 12 years ago. so thats not to bad in my eyes.
Get glasses!

calatty

She ran into your finger and got herself a black eye? As I criminal defense attorney, I've heard many lies, but that is one of the worst ones I've ever heard. If you trot that one out in court, the judge should give you extra time for insulting the court's intelligence.

B

bini

Malcolm

I am also from Kansas. If I was you I would not worry too much about it. Especially if this is your 1st offense like you say. Yes I believe your story about her running into your finger. About 5 years ago my husband was shaking his finger real hard at the neighbor and he got to close and gave him a bloody nose. Of course he had to go to court for battery. He ended up getting a fine and 1 year probation. Someone else I know in Kansas went in for domestic violence and he got 48 hrs in jail, 1 year probation, fines, community service and he also had to attend anger management classes. Usually in Kansas you do not do any major jail time for this kind of offense unless it is your third or latter offense.

I believe the attorney said 6 months to scare you (it is probably the max you can get) it is very unlikely that this will happen taking your record into consideration. When you go to court they usually will not send you to jail right then (unless of course you piss the judge off). They will give you time to get your affairs in order. I have seen people sentenced in September and not even have to report to jail until the following March.

This is what I would do. When you go to court just have your girlfriend or another babysitter keep the kids and if you are sentenced to 6 months (highly doubtful) you can take care of the situation with your kids at that time. If by chance you do have to go to jail and they take you asap. The state will probably take over and put your kids in foster care for the time you are in jail and you will probably have to take some parenting classes when you get out to be able to get them back. On a scale of 1-10 that this will happen it is probably not even close to a 1.

Best of luck to you

Bini

M

malk

thanks

bini

thanks for your advice, its good to see that some people can still have a open mind to the possiblity of accidents. yes i agree so many guy hit woman and claim that it was accident.
i cant believe this is happing to me, and no ive never been in trouble with drug( like that one guy said).
if i go by what the county attorney said then i wont be going to jail and i wont lose my kids. but ive seen many times where things were promised and something goes wrong. this is what my laywer said, one thing is for sure, i'll let you know how it turned out.

"I have contacted the County Attorney and let him know you would consider a plea to simple battery with a dismissal of the aggravated assault. The State would ask for jail time but suspend the sentence if you pay court costs of 117,
fingerprint fee of 35,court appointed legal fees. You would likely be put on probation and given 2 years to make monthly payments. You may have to go to anger control class and pay for that."

again thank you all
malcolm

M

malk

To I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

well, well, well, look who was dead wrong. you said

"The fact is, you're going down for the count. Your kids are going bye-bye, and you can figure on losing custody."
well who got thier facts wrong huh? this is what i got Mr Wrong Funny Man

The County Attorney would agree to the following:
The State amends Count 2 to simple Battery.
You enter a plea to simple battery, a class B person misdemeanor. The State
would ask for a 90 day underlying jail sentence. The jail sentence would be
suspended and you would owe court costs of 117, fingerprint fee 35, bids administrative fee of 35, whatever fine the court would impose (usually $100) and court appointed legal fees.
You would be placed on 2 years supervised probation also pay 25 supervision fee.
Payments would be set up so that you pay off everything you owe within the 2 years.
You also would have to comply with whatever programs your probation officer
decides.

THATS WHAT I GOT, you need to go back to school learn law all over, and find God too. so you can learn to treat others with kind words.
When someone reaches out for help....help them.
Other wise, your no better than the wasted dna you speak all the time about. I see no profesional words that you type, in fact i see a 10 year old child acting out .
Im done here now, i think you got the point.
bye .......malk

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: To I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

malk said:
well, well, well, look who was dead wrong. you said

"The fact is, you're going down for the count. Your kids are going bye-bye, and you can figure on losing custody."
well who got thier facts wrong huh? this is what i got Mr Wrong Funny Man

The County Attorney would agree to the following:
The State amends Count 2 to simple Battery.
You enter a plea to simple battery, a class B person misdemeanor. The State
would ask for a 90 day underlying jail sentence. The jail sentence would be
suspended and you would owe court costs of 117, fingerprint fee 35, bids administrative fee of 35, whatever fine the court would impose (usually $100) and court appointed legal fees.
You would be placed on 2 years supervised probation also pay 25 supervision fee.
Payments would be set up so that you pay off everything you owe within the 2 years.
You also would have to comply with whatever programs your probation officer
decides.

THATS WHAT I GOT, you need to go back to school learn law all over, and find God too. so you can learn to treat others with kind words.
When someone reaches out for help....help them.
Other wise, your no better than the wasted dna you speak all the time about. I see no profesional words that you type, in fact i see a 10 year old child acting out .
Im done here now, i think you got the point.
bye .......malk

My response:

Gee, MalcolmX, for someone who was so "innocent", you still got SMACKED real good! I thought you didn't do anything wrong, Dufus?

Gee, MalcomX - - I guess you don't mind having a permanent CRIMINAL RECORD that will keep you from getting a job - - which will force you to lose your children.

Gee, MalcolmX - - I guess you don't mind being a "CONVICT" and paying thousands of dollars, and even more DURING your probation.

Gee, MalcolmX - - I guess you don't mind being on "PROBATION". Just make sure you don't even get a traffic ticket, or you're going to jail for the duration of your PROBATION! Make sure you read, and understand, YOUR PROBATION requirements, MalcolmX.

But, being the criminal that you are, you'll wind up blowing it sooner or later. Criminals ALWAYS screw up their probation!

So, who's laughing now, MalcolmX?

What a complete DUFUS!

IAAL

M

malk

you was still wrong

you wasnt even close tho, i bet your not for real. its gonna cost me 8.00$ all together, just found out.....so there big mouth.
plus i still keep the kids, they said no problem there. you have no idea what your talking about.
just a little kid stuck in a mans body....good luck on helping people
LMAO like you could do that..............*L*
like i said its been 12 years since i ever got in trouble before, i can go much longer..................DUFUS!
bye bye now my child..........................malk

stephenk

you mean $800.00, right?

So you now have a criminal record and yet you think you won because you didnt serve any time in jail? Most families would consider even being charged with a crime to be a loss.

You are being set up by the prosecutor. My wife does the same thing with the cases she prosecutes for Los Angeles. The initial conviction may have little or no jail time, but 2 to 3 years of probation with a pending sentence of 6 months to 1 year. She knows that spouse beaters rarely change their ways. They are accidents waiting to happen.

Once you mess up during your probation, BAM! you get hit twice. first is the probation violation (getting in trouble) and then you have to deal with the new charges. You end up going to jail on the PV, your probation is extended even longer with the same pending sentence and you still face more time for the new charge.

Finally, your girlfriend now has you by the short hairs. Any time you two get in a fight, she can threaten to call the police and claim you hit, pushed, spit, slapped, etc. and off you go to jail, even if she is lying. Why you ask? Because you already have a conviction for battery on her. The DA wont listen to you say she is lying or it was an accident.

so enjoy your next two years.

M

malk

you are so wrong

i wont mess up becuse it was an accident plain and simple, i dont care what you think. there is no fighting like that in our relationship, never was and never will be. people make mistakes and this is one. if you was there you would have seen what happened, but all your going by is what real woman beaters do.
im not like that, not at all. but they didnt believe the story just like you didnt, my girlfreind told the truth from the start just like i did.
in fact she never called the police or filed the charges because, she knew it wasnt on purpose. all you guys have got the wrong idea of us. when we die and go to heaven, i believe we will know all about everything..............and you will know then
that i was telling the truth....................bye
malk

ps 800$ yes

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">