• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Precious Rose

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? KY

When i was a young girl from age 6 to 9 my older brother abused me. He was still a minor but i was 6 and he was 14 he abused me. This was along time ago and i have forgot some of the stuff he did to me THANK GOD! Well i never knew he had ever touched any one else. My mother walked in on the abuse when i was a child she never reported it just explained to him that is was wrong never do it again and it went on for years.

My husband has known about my child abuse since late 2003 early 2004 shortly after our marriage, I told him at the time i didnt think my brother had ever touched any one. Well maybe i was naive and was faced with that when my neice (my molesters daughter) told me that he touched her and tried raping her from about age 8 till she was about 12. Im a grown adult with my own children now i thought all this was in my past. When my mother died i quit talking to him all together and she knows he touched me and shes now asking me how to go about pressing charges. but there is a hitch. Shes afraid her mothers going to go to jail because she told her mother when she was eight he was touching her and she did nothing. Obviously she doesnt want to lose her mom its all she has i dont want to lie to her and say no her mother isnt going to go to jail because i just honeslty dont know.

So that brings me to my first question... Im sure its against the law but whats the likely hood that her moms going to get into legal trouble?

Another very important question I've got has to do with the burden of proof. While we were discussing everything, she told me that it's been about three years since the last time that he did anything to her. If she does decide to pursue legal action against him, how will this affect the matter? She's not the only one that has come forward (now) with similar accusations against him but, understandable so, most of them just want to leave it behind them.

Thanks alot in advance!

Precious Rose

Another question is she wants to know what kind if jail time is he faceing for molestation... for many years.... rape from age 8 to 12 incest and any other charges they can tack onto him.

Plus the current woman my brother is with now has been warned by me my neice and a few other people and she to refuses to beleive he would ever do such a thing and shes got 3 minor children living in the house could she face charges as well?

calatty

Unless the mother actually aided and abetted the offenses, and it sounds like she didn't, she will not be charged. I don't know what the penalties in KY are, but in CA that kind of conduct can result in very steep sentences, in some cases life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">