• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abuse Charge Stays on Record?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moicherie8

What is the name of your state? FL

My brother is afraid to visit his son because his "crazy" girlfriend will accuse him of abuse. She has sole custody right now. He is telling me if he gets charged with abuse, but then is found not guilty, it will still stay on his record forever. Is this right? Thank you.

BelizeBreeze

What is the name of your state? FL

My brother is afraid to visit his son because his "crazy" girlfriend will accuse him of abuse. She has sole custody right now. He is telling me if he gets charged with abuse, but then is found not guilty, it will still stay on his record forever. Is this right? Thank you.
No it is not.

CdwJava

It depends on what record we are talking about. If he is arrested and goes to trial over the matter, yes, some record will remain at the state level ... but, if found not guilty he can see about expunging his record of the arrest.

There are a number of possible scenarios.

Ultimately if he uses this fear to stay away from his child, she can use that against him to demonstrate his lack of interest in the child and he may lose any rights to visitation. His call.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">