• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

accessary after the fact for boy stealing guns and getting rid of them

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

judi375

What is the name of your state? north carolina My son has been charged with accessary after the fact for a kid stealing his father's guns. the father said my son helped him get rid of the guns. the boy is a big lier as he has lied to me many times. How can you prove this without finding the guns? the boy said he sold the guns to a drug dealer. He is in jail now. my son goes to court the 13th of May for this.

O

OnlyOneVoice

Without "eye witnesses" the case against your son is "if-y" at best.

The word of the kid responsible isn't exactly going to be credible and if the guns were sold to "drug dealers" you have to ask yourself why and how this other kid went about knowing the "dealers" to sell to.

I would question your son and tell him, he must tell you the truth no matter how much trouble he thinks he will be in. You or at least his attorney needs the whole truth.

Just because the other kid is as liar doesn't necessarily mean your son isn't culpable in this matter. And I'm not saying he is. What I'm saying is that you need the whole truth so you know how to deal with this after the fact.

Has he already been arraigned and entered a plea or is this the arraignment?

J

judi375

stephenk said:
what does your son say happened?
the boy who stole the guns came and picked my son and his friend up and they went and the boy hid the guns in the woods.
my son and the other boy sat in the car. He had to get the car home which he had stolen before his dad got home (no one knew he did not have a driver's license) and they were to meet and shoot the gun. the boy did not show up to go shoot the gun. several days later his dad and he came over looking for the guns and they went to the woods to search for the guns. the boy then told his dad he had sold them to a drug dealer and the father had his son put in jail and charged my son but not the other boy who was with them.

J

judi375

OnlyOneVoice said:
Without "eye witnesses" the case against your son is "if-y" at best.

The word of the kid responsible isn't exactly going to be credible and if the guns were sold to "drug dealers" you have to ask yourself why and how this other kid went about knowing the "dealers" to sell to.

I would question your son and tell him, he must tell you the truth no matter how much trouble he thinks he will be in. You or at least his attorney needs the whole truth.

Just because the other kid is as liar doesn't necessarily mean your son isn't culpable in this matter. And I'm not saying he is. What I'm saying is that you need the whole truth so you know how to deal with this after the fact.

Has he already been arraigned and entered a plea or is this the arraignment?
we went to see an attorney and he said this was not a felony as charged and the cop must have meant aiding and abetting not accessary after the fact. the attorney is going to subpeona the other boy who was with them and was not charged with anything.

J

judi375

stephenk said:
what does your son say happened?
the boy who stole the guns came to my house and picked up my son and another boy. they went to the woods where the boy got out of the car and hid the guns. he took one boy home and brought my son home because he had to get the car home before his dad got home. he has no driver's license we learned later drives all the time when he can steal the car. he was suppossed to come back and meet my son and the other boy so they could go shoot the gun in the woods but he never came back. several days later he and his dad came looking for the guns. they went to the woods where the boy told his dad he left them and when they got to the woods he told him he gave the guns to a drug dealer who lives somewhere close and gave the name of the drug dealer. well, then the dad had him arrested and put him jail and charged my son with accessary after the fact but not the other boy that was with them. before he went to jail, he came here and left a scope from a gun, jeremy called the boys dad, told him the boy had left it here and to come get it. then he charged my son with possession of stolen property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">