• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accessory after the fact.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xcalibur911

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MICHIGAN, I AM BEING CHARGED AS AN ACCESSORY AFTER THE FACT TO THE FELONY ACT OF UNARMED ROBBERY. MY QUESTION IS THIS, CAN I BE CHARGED AND TRIED AND FOUND GUILTY BEFORE THE PERSON WHO IS BEING CHARGED WITH THE ACTUAL CRIME? ALSO IF THE CRIME IS LOWERED DOWN TO A MISDEMEANOR FOR THE PERSON WHO IS CHARGED WITH UNARMED ROBBERY, CAN I STILL BE CHARGED AS AN ACCESSORY AFTER THE FACT TO A MISDEMEANOR?

Last edited:

tranquility

Yes you could be found guilty although the state would have to prove up the crime in your trial which would be harder than just using a prior conviction of the principal. I don't believe a person in michigan can be an "accessory after the fact" to a misdemeanor. But, there may be another crime which could be charged.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">