• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

(Accidental) Public indecency

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Superfish

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

OK so very embarrassing, but Ill give the facts straight

I was driving while masturbating, and I was seen by a group of people who were sitting on a hill by their house, I'm pretty sure they got my license number and may call the cops.

I was NOT attempting to be malicious in any way shape or form, I just am living with roommates so I have built up "urges." While driving I felt like I was safe and isolated, and of course horny so my judgment was bad.

My first question is: what should I do (visit the house? send a letter? just wait for the cops to call my parents (since it's their car)?)
My second question is: what kind of punishment should I expect?

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

OK so very embarrassing, but Ill give the facts straight

I was driving while masturbating, and I was seen by a group of people who were sitting on a hill by their house, I'm pretty sure they got my license number and may call the cops.

I was NOT attempting to be malicious in any way shape or form, I just am living with roommates so I have built up "urges." While driving I felt like I was safe and isolated, and of course horny so my judgment was bad.

My first question is: what should I do (visit the house? send a letter? just wait for the cops to call my parents (since it's their car)?)
My second question is: what kind of punishment should I expect?
Oh, puleeeeze. Accidental doesn't even begin to fit this situation.

You had a choice whether to take your "urges" to a closed, private place, or a place where you could be seen by others. You chose WRONG. That was no accident, just poor judgment. It was also very reckless to exercise such behavior while driving, which really could have caused an accident.

I'd do nothing unless and until the police approach you/your parents. If/when they do, then have your parents hire you an attorney who can advise you as to what you can expect.

davew128

Not only indecent and stupid but UNSAFE. You could have killed someone.
Thats a bit much. Maybe some material would shoot out the window, but it is hardly dangerous or likely to block someone's vision or a windshield if it splattered there. After all, isn't that what, ahem, stick shifts are for? :D

sandyclaus

Thats a bit much. Maybe some material would shoot out the window, but it is hardly dangerous or likely to block someone's vision or a windshield if it splattered there. After all, isn't that what, ahem, stick shifts are for? :D
Apparently someone has to play Captain Obvious for you. It's not about the mess, it's about the loss of control. We're talking the distraction level here, dude.

And really? The stick shift? :eek::eek::eek:

justalayman

Somebody on a hill might have seen you?

Either you think more of yourself than what reality is or your act was preformed with the intent of being seen. I suspect the latter.

dave33

Somebody on a hill might have seen you?

Either you think more of yourself than what reality is or your act was preformed with the intent of being seen. I suspect the latter.

I absolutely agree. The o.p. seems to have a couple of "issues".

OHRoadwarrior

No one is going to advise you to lie if queried by the police. No one can stop you from providing an alternate story either. Just hang in there and remember spanking your monkey in public is not acceptable. Don't forget police have night vision goggles they use to catch people without seat belts.

Mass_Shyster

what should I do
Absolutely nothing
(visit the house?
No
send a letter?
just wait for the cops to call my parents (since it's their car)?)
The Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution prohibits the government from making you answer any questions that may incriminate you.

Go watch this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

Refusing to answer questions is NOT obstruction. Lying to the police is obstruction. If you say "I don't know" when you really do, that's obstruction. I suggest using the phrase "I'm sorry, but I don't believe it is in my best interest to answer your questions".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">