• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

accomplice and subpeonaed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fb80

What is the name of your state? Florida

My husband works at an auto dealership. Recently, a co-worker stole some parts off of a lease return and the car disappeared. He and two others involved were arrested and the owner is pressing charges. My husband unlocked the shop for his friend to do the "work" making him an accomplice. The owner said he is not pressing charges against my husband, but he was advised by the co-worker that he is going to be subpoenaed to testify. Could he be arrested while testifying because he is an accomplice or would that have already happened?

calatty

He could be arrested. That is why he should assert his Fifth Amendment privilege not to incriminate himself unless the prosecution offers him immunity from prosecution.

F

fb80

Thank you for the advice. Does he do that on the stand or should he do it beforehand?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">