• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

accused drug dealer in highschool?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sgtdragon

16 year old girl in Tennessee highschool system. Just returned in Feb 02. Had a accident that kept her out from aug 01 to feb 02. Last week was arrested at school for possession of drugs for resale. Cops say that it was her pain meds. Some things are bothering me however about the situtation.
Arrested at 9:40 a.m. school called home at 11:41 a.m. Left message on answering machine that recorded time. She was already at jdc. Wife and I were out, but had cell phone with us. At 12:45 p.m. we found out situtation from officers at the detention center. This bothers me, since my daughter swears that she kept asking for us, etc. but it took over 2 hours to be notified. Doesn't seem like a reasonably amount of time.
Next, Cop states that daughter never asked for parents and waived her miranda rights and signed a statement. It seems to me that whenever a child would feel frightened, etc. the first thing they would want would me mom or dad.
The other thing that bothers me is that when wife and I went to school the next day to turn in books, and get her medication. Medication was missing from the school. I mean that my wife went to the school a week before this incident, turned in a specific amount of pain killers and adderal in clearly marked bottles, with the amounts on them to the nurse. Adderall is for her ADHD. We we got the meds back amounts were missing when my daughter had no acces to it, except when it was given to her by the school. 20 adderall given to school, but only 15 returned. 10 pain killers, but only 3 returned. Our copy of med logs indicate that daughter took two pain killers and no adderall. On the logs, it states that if child refuses to takes meds, that school should call, but no one did. We asked the cop who arrested her to investigate matter. He calls her a drug dealer in open lobby crowded with people and states that it is wifes word against school. Also, I don't see how daughter could understand miranda rights clearly if she has not been taking her adderall. Cop states that school isn't responsible for counting meds. Next day I visited two different schools and spoke with officials from school board who told me that they are responsible for that. The people I talked with taught that I was possing a what if question, to ensure meds were handled properly, etc. They didn't know that it really happened.
I am concerned about why daughter was arrested, but they won't let me review evidance, etc. The funny thing is though that after, wife and I spoke with cop at school, he calls my house and offers to have the DA go easy on daughter if she takes a polygraph test. Cop states that he is troubled by her case. Any advise?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">