• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accused of forgery and

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

syrenspresage

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Massachusetts. I just want to know if I should be worried.... My father is accusing me of forging his name on his truck title. My father gave me his truck as a gift since my car was totalled and he signed the back of the title so i could get the title in my name.. registar and insure the vehicle etc. Now that I moved out of his house he wants his truck back and is claiming i forged his signature on the title. He says that he wants to press criminal charges against me. Any advice? And now he has been harrassing me for about a week. Threats, accusations, constantly calling my cell phone and leaving really hurtful text messages. what should i do if not anything?

tranquility

You should start gathering evidence and consider seeing an attorney. When someone starts accusing you of fraud, even if it is not true, the ramifications are large. If dad is mad, make nice and maybe he'll get over it. If demented, you have a greater problem.

Since you may have to defend your actions someday, I hope you have more than a signature on the back of the title. Especially if it is not a good match, you may have a problem which you will need professional advice to resolve.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">