• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

accused & innocent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tnturmoil

Husband and I were falsly accused of being under the influence, drug seeking and manipulative individuals by a Veterans Administration psychiatrist, in the em. rm. when we took his father in for an evaluation. We have poa,( requested by his dr. sometime ago), and have been caring for him constantly.The story is very long, but to be brief, I have the transcripts from this facility, being federal, it may get nasty.I had just came in from work, and very tired, my husband had just gotten out of the hospital, he had been sick for weeks. Their transcripts said my eyes were red, he was slow and by our physical appearances appeared to be...also I work for the state in a medical compacity,and this could ruin my occupation, I work with mentally challenged citizens. We are furious about this, and refuse to let them get away with this. Also one thing that upset them, one of the meds they wanted to put him on, we said no, he is a heart patient, and it is not to be used if you have a heart condition. We do not take drugs,or even drink. We have our own rx, for anxiety...I wonder why???:confused:

Last edited:

H

Humble Warrior

I too work for the state(Pa.) in a state hospital. I am also a vereran. I can tell you that they DO NOT put something like that in a record without just cause.
There may be a clerical error,and the note was intended for another persons jacket. First make sure there was not a simple mistake made. If it was not a mistake.....your number is up....they got you. Instead of pointing fingers and becoming self rightous,you might want to take a look in the mirror,and get honest with yourself.
Also....unless your a DOCTOR you have no business interfering in the treatment of that man. They know what drugs are for what,and they weigh the good versus the bad. Any jack-ass can look up a drug in a nursing handbook,and see that there are contraindications. Many of them are written in order to save the pharmacutical compnay from law suits.
Look at any drug used for mental health. It will list EVERY thing under the sun to prevent a suit.
Let the VA do its job.....they have some of the finest doctors and medical staff in this country.....I'm pretty sure they know what they are doing.

T

tnturmoil

In response to your comments, you obviously aren't too educated in these matters. I have never taken drugs, nor my husband!!! We had this mess dropped in our laps and have begged for help. The vet(my father- in law) is a very violent person, who would eat crap if someone told him he would get high. His wife had to be removed from their home, because he tried to kill. They won't take him, because of his "history of violence and wondering" I was hoping not to mention a FEW of these things, but you are WRONG...they DO NOT have our number, as you suggested. What comes out of his mouth to the drs. is between them, and he tells them what ever they want to hear, further more, his physician is absolutely furious with the psychiatrist. There are literally hundreds of people who knows us and are appaulled at these accusations.

H

Humble Warrior

Every V.A. in the country has a psychiatric ward. Most of them,if not all have residential facilities for patients. Should they have had even the slightest inclination,they would have admitted him.
Should you have found the one V.A. in the country with an inept staff,I would suggest you look into VA owned residential housing. The are little cottage homes(for the most part),and are staffed and maintained by the V.A.. Plan B would be to have his physician call the shrink,and confer.......I know.....it's one hell of a concept.
Once all the medical staff involved in his case are on one sheet of music,you neatly step out of the picture.
You state you work in a medical field? Then surely you know this is called "The Multi-Disciplinary Approch".

T

tnturmoil

V.A. Residential Housing? Never heard of that. Thanks, I will check into that. Recently, after having so many doors shut in our faces,until we stood our ground and said "please at least listen", we were told they couldn't help, but he could be taken to a facility in NC, they were equipted for cases such as his. Last week a friend from the church came to my home and was asking what was wrong with him, he was going down hill fast and acting very strange, we told him we were glad others were concerned, and we were about to go crazy dealing with this, we love the old man,and try to care for him the best we know how, we even bought him a house next to us, but that was a mistake. If we were wanting his pills, why would we be trying to get him located to a safe enviroment, also the P.O.A. was to protect him from his grandson, who was stealing from him and at that time his wife was still at home, so he hit them big, even took the grandmothers insulin and syringes...Law told us there was nothing we could do, didn't happen on our property, and the old folks cried and said forget it, he is their only grandson. To be able to STEP NEATLY OUT OF THE PICTURE, would be wonderful.

G

goldnrule

tnturmoil said:
Husband and I were falsly accused of being under the influence, drug seeking and manipulative individuals by a Veterans Administration psychiatrist, in the em. rm. when we took his father in for an evaluation. We have poa,( requested by his dr. sometime ago), and have been caring for him constantly.The story is very long, but to be brief, I have the transcripts from this facility, being federal, it may get nasty.I had just came in from work, and very tired, my husband had just gotten out of the hospital, he had been sick for weeks. Their transcripts said my eyes were red, he was slow and by our physical appearances appeared to be...also I work for the state in a medical compacity,and this could ruin my occupation, I work with mentally challenged citizens. We are furious about this, and refuse to let them get away with this. Also one thing that upset them, one of the meds they wanted to put him on, we said no, he is a heart patient, and it is not to be used if you have a heart condition. We do not take drugs,or even drink. We have our own rx, for anxiety...I wonder why???:confused:

H

Humble Warrior

Getting him to the facility in NC is the first step. There they will assess his needs,and if they are less than a required hospice stay,they will give him the residential housing. It all works in steps.....they really do work hard for us Vets,and they have a system....it works in steps.....some of them are irritatingly slow,but the system works if you let them just do what it is they need to do. Most of the time,you need to listen closly to what they are telling you. If you cant get what he needs right up front. Listen to the words they use.....they are telling you how to meet the requirements without risking their jobs.
It's the "Good ol' boy system" at it's finest...."No, I cant give you a jet,but I can tell you what parts you need to order...."

See what I mean? Listen to them closely.;)

T

tnturmoil

Mr. Humble Warrior. Just read one of your replys to another post. You come across so strong and rude, but man you've got the guts it takes to be an AMERICAN... Thanks for the true debate we had. Welcome to come to Tn. where you would surely be treated with the respect you must deserve. Good Luck to you.

H

Humble Warrior

I dont know how to reply to that. Nobody has ever said thank-you to me before. When I came home from Hondurras, I was called a "war-mongering,murdering,government whore",but nobody ever said thank-you.
Your one short paragraph really touched me....Now I must thank you.

THANK-YOU, and have a wonderful day
HW

T

tnturmoil

The past several days and nights, I have been going through transcripts, dated back to 1993. It is absolutely incredible, the way they have gone back and forth on their assessment on the patient. Is this some kind of cruel trick they are playing, or are they really that incompetent??? We even have a video from 1 1/2 yrs.ago where he admitted alot of things,even caught him on tape stealing in our home...... The mh dept, told me they didn't care what I had, didn't want to see it. That was over a yr. ago. Attorney's advice would be nice, just so we will know our options, and make a decision......we, and now anyone who reads this, knows of his problems. In further reading today,found they made several diagnosis. Why couldn't they have just told us they are aware of these issues,and discussed things rationally with us? Someone trying to make a name for themself, and use a poor old man with enough problems as it is, had to put us in her limelight, now she is the one who owes us a hell of a lot more then "SORRY"...We asked them to admit him for a complete evaluation in 1999, and now he is going in next week, but the psyc. still is determined to prove her "OPINION" on us correct...she must surely be desperate for attention, and maybe she will get more attention then she is looking for.They didn't want to help for 3 yrs. & now they do????Anyway, he does need some help, and if this is the only way, its better than none. Attorney comment please.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">