• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

accused of larceny

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rickynelson

What is the name of your state? co
ok, im new to this site,but im hoping someone out ther would be able to give me some type of info. i lived in ca my entire life until i was 18...well im still 18, but i left ca to try to keep away from the bad happenings there and to get a break from my family. so now im in another state, and my life seems to be going great out here. im finally happy about living my life...anbd actually discovering what life is all about. back in ca b4 i left, i was at a friends house , where i was staying in the meantime becaus ei was kicked in and out of my parents house since i was 14. one day the cops came to the door of my friends house because her addy was on my ID card they said i was being investigated of larceny. the lady pressing charges on me was my (then) best friends mom of over 11 years. i had lived with them off and on for abour a year. but her daughter got into some drugs and i chose to not go that direction. they had pictures of me using the moms atm card at the atm machine and they said they had reports of about 1,700 dollars being missing. they then went to my parents house and proceeded to question them about me being on drugs because i looked terribly skinny. which to let u know the man was shoirt and fat, im 18 and im 6ft tall and i weigh about 180 is that skinny to all of u out there? i play basketball, and when the officer had come to the door, i just woken up. so i explained to the officer that the daughter was the one always taking and using the moms card without permission, not me. but then i realized that i had used what i thought was my friends card, not her moms, my fridnd was driving and couldnt find parking and told me her pin and had me pull out some money, i didnt think anything of it cause she had been my frined of over 11 years. ive had her use my atm card b4...thought nothing of it. i know i shouldve looked at the name on the card, but i didnt think it would ever come down to this. so now i find out that there is a warrant out for me in ca. but im out of state and have 2 jobs and i am taking care of 2 kids that i live with because their mom just found she has cancer. i really would like to go there and clear this bs up, but right now those kids need someone to take care of them. and i cant leave my jobs. i was informed about my warrant by a state patrol trooper. was i supposed to be arrested then and there or what? im only 18 please help someone, i need some advice here. i dont want this following me around forever, i want to take care of it. what could the consequences be? i have my drivers license with my addy and ive gotten plenty of mail, i have 2 jobs, but would they cokme this far to get me? and pay the costs? i have no clue whats going on. i talked to a Los angeles sheriff at the headquarters dept. and i told them my story, they said that if i go to court and testify, and the daughter is then called up, and she tells her story, then basically she is testifying against herself. what do u all think? well i have to go now, please someone respond and feel free to email me at [email protected] thanks guys!!!

JETX

"was i supposed to be arrested then and there or what?"
*** Presumably, this trooper was running you for wants and warrants as a result of a traffic or ID stop, correct?? In any case, the officer could have detained you at that time. I would assume that rather than detaining you (until the warrant could be confirmed, etc. the officer decided to make you aware of the warrant and asked you to take care of it.

"I need some advice here."
*** Advice for what?? You haven't asked a question.

"i want to take care of it. what could the consequences be?"
*** The 'consequences' could be that you could be arrested (usually at the WORST time), your vehicle impounded and lots of money and time spent trying to undo the damage.

"i have my drivers license with my addy and ive gotten plenty of mail, i have 2 jobs, but would they cokme this far to get me?"
*** Probably not..... but they could.

"and pay the costs?"
*** See above.

"i have no clue whats going on. i talked to a Los angeles sheriff at the headquarters dept. and i told them my story, they said that if i go to court and testify, and the daughter is then called up, and she tells her story, then basically she is testifying against herself. what do u all think?"
*** I think you need to contact the investigating officer and try to resolve this 'misunderstanding'. You might consider having a CA attorney do it for you.

"feel free to email me at [email protected]"
*** Sorry, we don't respond to private emails.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">