• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

accused of theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

X

xtreme2k3

What is the name of your state? tx

Ok i recently quit my job because it was not working out for me. Well yesterday i was walking in the area of the store that i was in and the manager came out and said that he wanted to talk to me. He tells me that stuff has come up missing to approximately $400 and he thinks it happened while i was working there. I told him that i did not take anything (because i didn't) and i told him this is the THIRD time he has accused me of stealing (which he has) He told me that since i had left he did an audit report on the store (to be done weekly) and that the store is missing 8 items of the same category. I told him that everyone has access to the cabinet which they are in and if he wanted to he could even come search my house since i have nothing to hide. He told me that the district manager wanted him to talk to me to see if he could get the items back and i told him i could not give him something that i did not have. He said that was fine but he would need to contact the loss prevention manager and they would probably investigate me. The fact of the matter is, is that i did quit and that does look bad but i didn't do it and when he mentioned investigation i told him that i did not want to go to jail. When i told him this was the third time that he had accused me, he told me, "well that should tell you something". When i asked him if he had questioned anyone else he told me that he knew his staff and that he did not need to. I denied it again and he started asking me well do you like this..that(stuff stolen i assumed) Most of it i had never heard of or i did not like. All the items were placed in a cabinet and i was the asst manager of the store. I think i am going to get into trouble for something that i did not do. All my friends say that he has to have circumstancial evidence which he does not have. Isn't the audit circumstancial evidence enough? It's done weekly..he also thinks its me because i got upset since he did the audit the next week over mine(same category and it is supposed to be a different one) so he also thinks i lied on the audit. What can i do? is there anyone that can help me? What is the penalty if i get convicted? I have a clean record...

X

xtreme2k3

theft law

if anyone could tell me the penalty for petty theft in texas i would appreciate it. I read somewhere that there is no jail time is this true?(as long as it is under $500)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">