• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

accused of using someone's name..need quick help.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

renada_98

Okay, a girl that i was once friends with accused me in august of make almost 3 thousand dollars of long distance in her name while i was away at summer school. she said that her name and home phone number was the only thing used. and that an email was attached to the phone account and that they were comming from the town in which i went to summer school at. and that the account was made online.she said that the calls were made through mci. i called mci and asked them about what do they ask from someone who is applying for and account and how do they verfy the information. i asked them what all do they asked for. and three of their workers who are in the billings,fraud,and customer serivce departments all told me that they ask for your name, home address, phone number, email account if you have one, and a birthday or social sercurity number. then they said this is how they verfy the account: 1. they make sure that the birthday or social security number matches the name that was given on the application for the account. 2. they take the name and phone number that was given and checks it against the local serivce provider. 3. since the person applied online(which is what she accuses me of doing) they would call the phone number that the account is going to be in asking for the person who applied for the account. Then if everything checks out they would send the card and other information to the home address, not over the net(that in which she said is how i got the card and pin numbers). So if a lawyer could tell me who has the burden of proof, if it is possible to go to jail for this, if you can be charged and put in jail what kind of crime would it be, i.e.: felony, misdomener, etc., what would the possible jail time be for someone of no criminal history, what would be the statue of limitations on filing charges since she said she first contacted the police in august and it is now novemeber? If you(a lawyer) could answer these questions for me i would be very happy. Im also in mississippi, if that would help you in answering them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">