• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

accused of violating a RO

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Angelize

What is the name of your state? California

2 years ago an x boyfriend obtained a restraining order against me by lying to the court. Since then I have proof the he perjured himself in court. Unfortunately the 60 days had passed to file an appeal and the order went into effect. In the past 4 months he has been accusing me of violating the RO by calling his work and sending him mag. subscriptions. I have done no such thing. The police have called me and questioned me on both accounts and have even taken a handwriting sample. This is harassment! Can I sue him for harassment? Can i then take him to court and present the evidence that he perjured himself in the first place in order to obtain this RO simply out of an act of revenge?
Please advise. not sure what to do about this. :confused:

stephenk

how does your ex-boyfriend of over 2 years still have your address and/or phone number?

as long as the restraining order is in effect, you need to get completely out of his life.

why didnt you oppose the restraining order when it was first filed?

JETX

"Can I sue him for harassment?"
** No.

"Can i then take him to court and present the evidence that he perjured himself in the first place in order to obtain this RO simply out of an act of revenge?"
** No.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">