• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accussed of egging

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cyramitchell

What is the name of your state? Georgia

Me and my fiancee have been accussed of egging and rolling a former co-worker's house while she was away for the weekend. This is putting a LONG set back on our wedding plans also a lot of stress for me and her. They have questioned me once about it and Wednesday they want to question me again(October,2 2002). We have a few witnesses that have said we were at our house the whole weekend. I worked Friday and Sunday night. I was sick Saturday so I called in work. Even though we have our alibi and witnesses this woman is still pushing it too far. She has no proof or witnesses to say we did it unless she paid them to lie. I was just wondering if we need a lawyer or if her so-called witnesses pushed it to where we were charged with it, what would the consquences be. Help us out please.
Gene, 21:(

Beth3

"They have questioned me once about it and they want to question me again." Who is THEY? The police? The homeowner? If it's the former co-worker, you certainly don't have to meet with her; that's entirely your choice. If it's the police, you don't have to answer their quetions either but as you're innocent, cooperating would likely be in your best interests.

If the homeowner hasn't filed a police complaint yet, it's rather doubtful she will. I take it the egging and toiletpapering incident happened the weekend of Sept 21 - 22. Sounds like the evidence of the "crime" is probably long gone by now. If she were serious about pursing a criminal charge, she would have contacted the police upon her return home.

In any event, I don't see what any of this has to do with your wedding plans and while irritating, hardly the cause of major stress. If you didn't do it, then ignore the woman and get on with your lives.

C

cyramitchell

Well the homeowner contacted the police, but they didn't show up till the next day. She's a real bitch, and she wants my soon to be wife and i to go down for it, they have already been to my place of employment and asked me about it. i understand that i don't have to speak to the police but like you said, i need to cooperate. It happened about a month ago, and i don't see why she is pressing it so much. See my gf quit her place of employment, bc her and her boss got into a little argument, about the boss yelling at her, well the homeowner jumped into it and wanted to fire her, but she quit before that happened. should we talk to the homeowner and tell her that we didn't do it

stephenk

dont contact the homeowner. Let the police conclude their investigation. If everything pans out, no charges will be brought against you and your fiance.

contacting the homeowner could bring about charges against you for intimidating the victim.

Beth3

I agree with stephen. Don't talk to the homeowner. I can't imagine it doing anything but making the situation worse. If there's no evidence you and your girlfriend vandalized her home and the homeowner is only actiong on suspicion of you two due to a personal grudge she's developed, then no charges will be filed.

C

cyramitchell

I thank you both for your advice. The police has now called me in again. they want me to take a lie detector test to verify that it wasn't me. i told them that i didn't want to take one. So now they want to take it to court. I got me a lawyer for the next time they harrass me. Is there anyway that i can sue them for harassment or anything in that way. I heard that if the person accusing me was running her mouth about me, making me out to look bad, that i could sue her. i don't want nothing of hers, just want her to leave us alone so we can get on with our lives. once again i appreciate the advice....i'll keep you posted

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">