• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

an adult hits my son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

guptaa

at a swimming lesson while waiting for my 5yr old to finish his lesson my 2yr bites another toddler. this childs mother then hits (hard) my child. she later apologied but do I have any legal recourse. she could have moved either child away from the situation, i was very upset by the whole incident, and she really hit hard, though there was no lasting marks on my son

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by guptaa:
at a swimming lesson while waiting for my 5yr old to finish his lesson my 2yr bites another toddler. this childs mother then hits (hard) my child. she later apologied but do I have any legal recourse. she could have moved either child away from the situation, i was very upset by the whole incident, and she really hit hard, though there was no lasting marks on my son<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

It's called "Assault & Battery".

Predicted judgment: In favor of Plaintiff child.

Damages awarded to child:
a. General Damages - $1.00
b. Punitive Damages - $500.00

Go get her!

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

B

bellestar

your crazy, if a child bite my child then you better beleive i will smack that other child. i wouldnt smack him to hard, just a tap on the hand. some parents dont disapline there children why is your child biting other kids and at 2yrs old he should know better. maybe when he bites you should bite him back so he can know how it feels and not do it anymore. how do you think that parent felt when her child got bit.

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bellestar:
your crazy, if a child bite my child then you better beleive i will smack that other child. i wouldnt smack him to hard, just a tap on the hand. some parents dont disapline there children why is your child biting other kids and at 2yrs old he should know better. maybe when he bites you should bite him back so he can know how it feels and not do it anymore. how do you think that parent felt when her child got bit.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great advice bellestar, we should let everyone know that it is ok for an adult to smack a child and that 2 year old children are wise and intelligent enough to know better.

So you are saying that if your 2 year old was smacked HARD by another ADULT that you would be ok with that ?? I believe that is defined as neglect on your part.

B

bellestar

No my point is its o.k. to give him a smack on the hand. o.k. some parents do not disapline their child. and i think the only way kids are going to respect any adult is disapline. if i am not around and my child bites another i would encourage an adult to smack my child on the hand. and tell him no. and for your information at 2yrs old that child should not be left unattended to the point where he bites other kids and another adult has to take action instead of a parent.

P

philly philly

dont know if i agree with slappin the 2 year old..but i do agree that the 2 year olds mother could have and should have prevented all of this especially since she should have been very close to the 2 year old since it was near a pool

B

BESURE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by guptaa:
at a swimming lesson while waiting for my 5yr old to finish his lesson my 2yr bites another toddler. this childs mother then hits (hard) my child. she later apologied but do I have any legal recourse. she could have moved either child away from the situation, i was very upset by the whole incident, and she really hit hard, though there was no lasting marks on my son<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO! NO! NO! do not go get her for only $501.00. Spend the money in a split second and spoil your child. It takes a village to mould or train a child. If she spanked your son and he cried, he will never bite or bully others where adults are closeby ,cos he would'n't know what might happen again. So please take it as a part of child training. I mean, no marks on, did not get sick, no nightmares .How else can a spank be safe? Please rest your case and keep smiling.

E

EireCally

As an employee of a child-care service, I am, by law, mandated to report any abuse to the state. Spanking, by the parent, is one thing, hitting by another parents, is against the law. No one has the right to hit someone else's child or someone else at all. Even if there were no marks, it is wrong.
I agree with the notion that perhaps more attention should have been being payed to the two year-old, who was biting. However I am more concerned about the parent who hits another child--who is to say she doesn't hit her own children?

B

bellestar

you know i am so tired of this law of no spanking your children that is why the world is so screwed up today. the parents no longer have control. thats bull ****. my saying is i brang them into this world and i will take them out. if i need to spank my child i will. and i never ever would smack them to the point where i left marks but i will let them know who is in charge!!!!

E

Edward

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bellestar:
you know i am so tired of this law of no spanking your children that is why the world is so screwed up today. the parents no longer have control. thats bull ****. my saying is i brang them into this world and i will take them out. if i need to spank my child i will. and i never ever would smack them to the point where i left marks but i will let them know who is in charge!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, how brave you are bravo bravo.. beat them but never leave marks.. what a star you are. Let them know who is in charge so they can live in fear and then one day grow up to be the same bully you are. I am sure you will be proud the day they come home and tell you about smashing some kids face in and being the leader in a gang of 12 who kicked the crap out of some poor soul. Great teachings for the child. If not, you can always 'take them out'.

N

njc

you know i am so tired of this law of no spanking your children that is why the world is so screwed up today. the parents no longer have control. thats bull ****. my saying is i brang them into this world and i will take them out. if i need to spank my child i will. and i never ever would smack them to the point where i left marks but i will let them know who is in charge!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

amazed and disgusted

B

bellestar

ok so i suppose we let our kids just hell do what ever they want. so they can disrespect and act ubnoxious.. or how about time out. not..... dont work. when i was young my parents spanked me. and i dont have to spank my kids cuz they know if they do something bad they will get a spanking. now i see other kids who's parent dont agree with spanking and there kids tell them to shut up and everything else and my kids look at them like they are crazy. so you go ahead you give the time out and put up with the temper tantrums while my kids know they cant act like that and my kids are not scared of me they love me and know i love them. but they also know i dont put up with no bull ****....

E

Edward

ok so i suppose we let our kids just hell do what ever they want. so they can disrespect and act ubnoxious.. or how about time out. not..... dont work. when i was young my parents spanked me. and i dont have to spank my kids cuz they know if they do something bad they will get a spanking. now i see other kids who's parent dont agree with spanking and there kids tell them to shut up and everything else and my kids look at them like they are crazy. so you go ahead you give the time out and put up with the temper tantrums while my kids know they cant act like that and my kids are not scared of me they love me and know i love them. but they also know i dont put up with no bull ****....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You live in a trailer right ??

Your parenting skills are close to zero and you obviously have problems reading. If you could read, then there are many books on the subject that would be able to help you.

However, it is far easier to beat the sh!t out of your child than read huh ?

H

Howcome

How.come.it's..ASSAULT,AND.BATTERY....
on.a.child...but.."DOMESTIC.VIOLANCE"..
when.it's.on.a.wife?

E

Edward

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Howcome:
How.come.it's..ASSAULT,AND.BATTERY....
on.a.child...but.."DOMESTIC.VIOLANCE"..
when.it's.on.a.wife?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The spouse has a choice, the child does not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">