• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adult massage parlors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mikemike

I wanted to what was going to happen to me in the situation that happened to me. I will state that i live in the toronto (Canada) area and that this happened to me in the Richmond Hill area which is not too far north of toronto.

SITUATION:

I left the office after a long and exhausting day. I went over to an adult massage parlor/facility to "relieve some stress" i went in and was wisked away into a private room. While in the room an attendant came in and asked what i wanted, i only stated a massage. So i had to get nude and lied down on the massage table. Now i know what yer thinking but i only went in for a message to relieve some stress and i was driving by and was curious. As i'm in the room I hear a loud banging and 2 police officers come into the room where i was at...now at this point i had my boxers/pants on and my sweater, i haven't even gotten the massage at this point...i just got in took off my clothes and was lying there with a towel on the lower half of my body. I the attendant requested the required cash of $40 for the massage. (Note: I didn't know it was illegal to have a nude massage if nothing sexual has been done or taken place) So after the cops come busting into the door i'm standing there with my pants on and my sweater on totally shocked and now was confused and dazed...i didn't have my shoes on at the time but i asked the officer if i could put my shoes on...with all that said...they question the head attendant who didn't speak very clear english, and 2 other attendants including the one i had. I overheard the conversation between the cops and the attendant I had about what was going on...and she pretty much stated that nothing really happen or nothing really happens in the facility. After questioning her one officer questioned me as to why i was there...i told him truthfully that i was just done work and decided to see what this massaging was all about...he basically took down my information (drivers license) and cell phone number and that was it...his words before letting me go were "i'm gonna cut you loose, at this point you'll be used as a witness to this" I was a little confused as to "a witness to this" because i wasn't sure if I was gonna be asked to testify in court or would i be later arrested for something...after that i asked him before i stepped out the door what was going to happen and he basically told me that. NOW my reason for emailing u is...am i going to be arrested for something? or do i have to testify in court as to them trying to shut down the facility?...and if they do need me to do that as "a witness" will i have the right to remain annoymous, have immunity and will my name basically be kept away from public recognition? *also my main concern is would i be mailed something if needed to testify as "a witness" or would i basically be called or in some other way?

I'm only looking for advice as to what is going to happen to me after this wild night.

Thank You

M

mikemike

Just a note to above situation...i am only looking for advice as to what to do or if the cops decide to charge me with anything...keeping in mind that i was not charged for anything at the scene because the cop didn't tell me that WAS going to be arrested or anything. I know that this website mostly caters to US Laws but this is more of a General question...My opinion...i was at the wrong place at the wrong time...and i know now not to go to those things anymore or risk getting charged or arrested next time...for someone who's only looking for stress relief i guess i'll have to find something...hehehe...anyhow i'm still a bit freaked out about what happened to me. My only conclusion as to why the cops were there was to basically get dirt on the facility and close it down...In all honesty i didn't know it was illegal or if it is at all to have a nude massage, i mean why would anyone want a massage with clothes on? anyhow this isn't an excuse...again i wish for some advice in terms of what will happen or what to do if i'm ever called upon or if they decide to charge me later with something

T

Tracey

Don't talk to the cops unless you have an immunity agreement with the crown prosecutors. You will not be allowed to testify anonymously. You claim to be shocked by the possibility that the massage parlor was a front for a prostitution operation, but don't want your name to get out? That doesn't add up. I think you knew exactly what could happen in that room & it wasn't just a massage.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected] - please include some facts so I know who you are!

M

mikemike

i've heard stories regarding it being a prostituion front however that wasn't what i was looking for...my other question would be is why would it state out front of the faciltity itself "adult massage", now i know you can get nude massages but other than that i don't know what else has gone on...i will not say that prostitution goes on in some of these places however like i said why would it be advertise out front and is it illegal and if so why didn't they close a place like this down a long time ago if it widely states out front what it is? For your advice i will do so, basically if my name gets out somehow, so be it...theres nothing i can do about it...however can i still be charged for something later on? or can i make it a point to ask for immunity from the crown if a case comes up at all?

T

Tracey

Based on your facts, I don't think you can be charged. However, law enforcement often goes after the clients when it's trying to shut down a prostitution ring. If the woman states she intended to provide non-massage services or that you asked for them (as part of a plea bargain perhaps), the crown will have enough evidence to charge you. They may not be able to convict, but they can charge you & cost you hundreds in legal bills. Plus GST. :(

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected] - please include some facts so I know who you are!

M

mikemike

Well nothing "sexual" was stated or wanted or asked for during this...just a regular massage. Now if the "girl" decides to say something otherwise how is it that when the bust occured, why didn't the cops just arrest me right then and there and as u stated that the crown might decided to convict me later on in time or cause more legal problems...Is it at all possible to just ask the crown for immunity and give my end of the story and stand buy it without having to be convicted of anything since immunity basically means no conviction or charges...now if i get charged i'll have a record which isn't good at all..the cop did say that they/the crown might decide to use me as a witness to this event...what exactly does that mean?...can i still be charged in any way, even just as a witness to this event?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">