• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice on alcohol Charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

howlow

What is the name of your state? I live in NY

Ok I was with my girlfriend and a cop walked up to the car. There was alcohol on the floor. THe cops wrote up summons for drinking above intoxication level bcuz we aren't 21 but didn't have anything open at the time. We went to court, the judge told us to come back with parents... I am 19 but told him I live at home. Now I have to go back and she already went. She pleaded not guilty and they told her to come back for trial. The charge the judge says was open alcohol beverage, thats why she said not guilty. What should she do when she goes back and what should I plead when I go guilty or not - guilty.. what is the worst case scenario of what could happen. Thanks

HomeGuru

howlow said:

Ok I was with my girlfriend and a cop walked up to the car. There was alcohol on the floor. THe cops wrote up summons for drinking above intoxication level bcuz we aren't 21 but didn't have anything open at the time. We went to court, the judge told us to come back with parents... I am 19 but told him I live at home. Now I have to go back and she already went. She pleaded not guilty and they told her to come back for trial. The charge the judge says was open alcohol beverage, thats why she said not guilty. What should she do when she goes back and what should I plead when I go guilty or not - guilty.. what is the worst case scenario of what could happen. Thanks

**A: are you still under the influence?

H

howlow

Re: Re: Advice on alcohol Charge

HomeGuru said:
howlow said:

**A: are you still under the influence?

huh? No They didn't check either they might've just inferred we were though

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">