• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice on an asault filing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jason Geis

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

Wife and sister were involved in a push and shove with an aunt over a family issue. No punches thrown and no one injured that we know of but aunt is someone who would lie about and injury if need be. Aunt was the first to lay a hand on someone when she pushed my wife, i grabbed my wife to get her back to the truck when i turned around the aunt had a tomato stake that she was winding up on to hit my sister in law with. I grabbed it and threw it to the ground and we left with her on the phone calling the police she said.

Later that day my wife called the police to see if a report had been done (aunt is someone who will file a report on this becasue she is pissed off at them) and it was so my wife and her sister went down and filed reprots as well to make sure there was a record of thier side as well.

My wife and her sister do not want to proceed any further but the aunt may take it to the DA and try and have charges filed against them and if the aunt does proceed they will go to the DA as well. My question is would we be better off going to the DA first or just wait until she gets a summons to court because the aunt went to the DA. There is a 50-50 chance that we could be subject to retaliation from her son if we file chrges first and the aunt does not file at all. If someone could give me a little advise on how we should porceed i would appreceiate it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">