• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice needed please.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mike102586

My name is Mike, I'm 21 years old, and I'm from Pittsgrove, New Jersey which is in Salem County. Over the past almost 4 years I have been doing a very immature, childish thing. I had a teacher in High school who was kind of goofy and I decided it would be funny to go by his house late at night and throw "Works Bombs" on his lawn. The "bomb" consisted of a plastic bottle, "The Works" toilet bowl cleaner, and tinfoil. The tinfoil is rolled into small balls and when mixed with the cleaner and put into a plastic bottle and the bottle is capped there will be a loud explosion in about 5 minutes. There is no chance of a fire or anything like that, just a loud noise. Occasionally I would throw firecrackers on his lawn too. There are 4 charges against me, they are: 2C:39-4B, 2C:39-5D, 2C:33-4B, and 21:1A-142. My friend was also arrested and charged with a misdomenor. The police had came to my house on the morning of April 6th and the last time I had done this was March 21st of this year. My mother called me to tell me they were there and I immediately went to the police station and confessed to everything. I didn't want to drag anyone else into this so there were a few things I tried to leave out. I told them that I didn't like the teacher because he was such a liberal because I just wanted to get out of there. Everything I said was on tape. My friend also told them that I didn't like him because he was liberal. He also told them I was the "Mastermind" of this whole thing. Does anything he said really matter or are the charges that I have against me all I have to worry about? I have no criminal history and most people say that I'm a good guy. I just have done something stupid and should have stopped and grown up a long time ago. A good friend of mine is a State Trooper and he tells me that most likely since it is my first offense that the charges will be reduced and that I will have to pay a fine and probably get probation. Does this sound like a likely outcome? I am scared to death of going to prison and I believe that there are a lot of real criminals out there that have done much worse than this who should be in prison. I do not think that what I did should go unpunished but I'm scared of going to prison. Any advice on this matter would be greatly appriciated. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">