• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice Please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Beeper

What is the name of your state? Florida

I was in conversation with someone, and they were talking of a plan they had to kill their step father to gain an inheritance

do I go to the police with this information, or just forget it, maybe the person was just talking and not really thinking and intending to put his plan into action.

By having this conversation and making these plans was this person committing a crime

Any advice please as to what action to take, report it, or forget it

Jeter

The act of speaking in public about committing a crime is a crime in itself. The fact that it is planned shows premeditation. Generally if you take this to the police it will be your word against theirs, as the other person can very easily deny your allegation. It would be helpful to show unusual conduct that corroborates your version of the story. If you feel this threat sounded legitimate I would recommend reporting it.

Jeter

K

knorris

I feel that you have no choice but to report this to the police. reguardless of what the outcome wouldn't it to be easier to live with the fact that you may have prevented this act from taken place. rather than this person being killed and you having to live with the fact that you had prior knowledge of this and did nothing to stop it. Kathie

A

aloha43

What in the hell is wrong with you to put such horrible pictures on an advise forum? You should be banned...or put away.

B

Beeper

Thanks Jeter & Kathie for your replies

While I am unsure if this guy was serious about his plans or not, its true I would hate to find out later that this man really was killed, and I did nothing to stop it

Think I will take my chances with the police, at least they have been made aware of the facts, up to them what they do with them, at least my conscious will rest a little easier

thanks again

S

shantrbl

Originally posted by aloha43
What in the hell is wrong with you to put such horrible pictures on an advise forum? You should be banned...or put away.

aloha,

what the hell are you talking about??

K

knorris

Beeper said:
Thanks Jeter & Kathie for your replies

While I am unsure if this guy was serious about his plans or not, its true I would hate to find out later that this man really was killed, and I did nothing to stop it

Think I will take my chances with the police, at least they have been made aware of the facts, up to them what they do with them, at least my conscious will rest a little easier

thanks again
I think your doing the right thing, of course that is only my personal belief of what I would do. I imagine it is a hard chioce not knowing if this person was joking or not. but like you said atleast your conscious will be clear and that will be better to live with. good luck. Kathie :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">