• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CCPENNOCK

What is the name of your state? California
I need some advice please. My son was driving a car registered in my husbands name. He hit two pedestrians who were drunk and walked off a curb when he was turning in front of them. Fortunately they were not hurt although they were transported to a hospital to be checked out. My son told my husband and myself that he had a restricted license to drive back and forth from work. They impounded my car when it was discovered that his license was still suspended. he is on probation for a wet reckless and he was not under the influence tonight. He thought after he completed the classes he was ordered to take that his license was restricted for work. We carried insurance on the vehicle. I need to know what to expect. He was not arressted tonight. Thank you.CCP

Last edited:

C

coosi

What is the name of your state? California
I need some advice please. My son was driving a car registered in my husbands name. He hit two pedestrians who were drunk and walked off a curb when he was turning in front of them. Fortunately they were not hurt although they were transported to a hospital to be checked out.

My cousin had a drunk man step off the curb in front of him. The man died. My cousin did time in the penitentiary. Your son is lucky nobody was hurt. Sorry, I just remembered that...

C

CCPENNOCK

your right my son said one guy was getting up threatening to kick his a**. He said the other guy wasn't hurt but I have yet to talk to the officer.

C

CCPENNOCK

Could some one please tell me if my husband and I are legally libel if the two sue? The car was ours, we carried insurance on the car, my son had our permission to drive it, we thought he had a license to drive back and forth to work, he doesn't have a pot to p*** in, although he does have a job, he is 23 years old. Thank you CCP

B

Big Bubba

Don't worry,

I will take good care of your son. I will share my pots so he will have one to piss in and some to smoke. We will be the best of friends.

Even though they were drunk, if your son was obaying the law, they would not have been hurt, so it is your sons falt.

You have the money and insurence. You had the car and let your son drive it. You may end up suing your son.

G

Glennbeauboy

If your son is under aged....you pay for his mistakes!!! It's called parenthood....like it or not. Save some money because if those punks he hit sue, they'll win!
Sorry for the reality check....and if your son has a job...you can legally keep all the money he makes to pay yourselves back. Oh and have him buy his own car and quit loaning yours to him, if you can't afford to.

C

coosi

I believe you are liable. It's your car, your insurance. IMO

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">