• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

advice on possible assault charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

doug bradley

first off i reside in the state of oregon. While at work my supervisor and i were in a heated discussion. i noticed him shaking (uncontrollably) and balling up his fists. (i thought to myself is he going to swing a punch at me?) he then agressively threw me against the wall. i reacted by throwing a barrage of punches (exactly 3 punches) we went to the ground and immediatly got back to our feet, that is when the incedent ended. this resolted in him getting a blackend eye. there were two witnesses , one of the witnesses was there from the start and saw him shove me against the wall first. the other witness arrived as we were getting off the ground. we were both fired from our jobs . aparently my X superviser is trying to file assalt charges against me. three days after the insident i got a call from the local police dept they want me to come down and give a statement as to what happened. my question is should i go down and make a statement, or should i contact a attorney . no charges have been filed yet.

gawm

Definitely contact an attorney first. I wouldn't make a statement without one by your side.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">