• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advise for court ordered fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

traydogg14

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALIFORNIA
Need Advice on paying court ordered fees. I recently got out of jail and I have court ordered fee but I don't have a job or will not get one anytime soon. So no money to pay for these fees. I talked to the county representative of sacramento and she was of no help in answering any questions. She said I would need to get some lawyers and ask for legal advice so I am. Can somebody tell me some alternatives to paying off the fees besides going back to jail.

traydogg14

my fines

Yes I mean fines. It's from the recent case that I went to jail for. Part of the fines for restitution are getting reviewed by the county to see if there is anything else I can do besides paying but the other portion of the fines they say I have to pay because it is court ordered. These court ordered fines are from booking fines and being in jail fines.

If things dont work out, I would probably go ask the (real) clerk how to set an immediate hearing for a sentence modification .. usually they may have a form like an exparte request for hearing or Application for immediate hearing... who knows, some courts may have a walk in calendar. The goal would be to see if the judge will lower payments, convert to community service, or other payment arraignments that you can keep. You dont want to let it go to collections.. then you will likely enter the pit of darkness with little hope of return.... other than .. mastercard visa .. with more fines tacked on and possible cdl holds etc. You might check the website for the court itself. It may just be on there. .. Under Local forms /Local Rules/ Misc Calendars or whatever.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">