• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Afraid of Ex-Partner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lynnE22

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Can I sue my ex-partner for non-disclosure of his hiv status which resulted in transferring the virus to me?

I'm so afraid that he'll kill me or have someone kill me, if I sue him. He's stated that he can shoot & kill anybody, and plead to the courts that he had a military flashback and get off. And he's mention that his drug relatives work for the mob(I've never heard of the mob teaming up with drug dealers).

Do I need special attorney/lawyer?

Lyn

CdwJava

He's likely blowing smoke with the threats. People that really are connected usually do not make such blatant comments about the connections ... it gets them dead.

If you wish to sue him, contact an attorney. If he has no assets, then it may not be worthwhile to sue him in any event.

I am sorry you contracted HIV, and I wish there was something you could do to him for that. If he intentionally infected you (as opposed to unintentionally passed it on via unprotected relations) he might be able to be prosecuted. However, different states have different rules on the matter.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">