• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

After Losing An Appeal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kimbe571

What is the name of your state?CALIFORNIA

AFTER LOSING AN APPEAL, WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS TO TAKE, AND HOW DOES SOMEONE IN PRISON START THIS PROCESS?

S

seniorjudge

"AFTER LOSING AN APPEAL, WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS TO TAKE, AND HOW DOES SOMEONE IN PRISON START THIS PROCESS?"

If you've appealed as far as you can go, then the next step to take is to relax and do your time.

You lost.

kimbe571

senior judge..it was time

i guess thats why they call you senior judge...it was time for you to retire and leave the law to someone else. if at all you were a judge. i was serious about my questions, it is not a joke or laughing matter, you did not need to respond if you didnt have a intelligent answer for me..you sound dumb as they come...

S

seniorjudge

kimbe571 said:
i guess thats why they call you senior judge...it was time for you to retire and leave the law to someone else. if at all you were a judge. i was serious about my questions, it is not a joke or laughing matter, you did not need to respond if you didnt have a intelligent answer for me..you sound dumb as they come...

Thank you.

In any event, I will keep subscribing to this thread to see if anyone disputes what I have to say.

calatty

After the Court of Appeal affirms the conviction, you can file a petition for review in the California Supreme Court asking the court to review the case. You must file a petition for review between 30 and 40 days after the Court of Appeal decision is filed. The Supreme Court reviews only a miniscule percentage of cases. After that, if any federal constitutional issues were raised in the appeal, you can file a petition for a writ of habeas corpus in the federal District Court raising those issues. A prisoner can file a habeas corpus petition in pro per, that is, he can file it himself. He should request that the court appoint an attorney for him.

kimbe571

thank you calatty for giving me an intelligent answer, for us laypeople who dont know the law as some of you on this website. from the bottom of my heart, i appreciate your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">