• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it againest the law to...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mbhopcroft

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

Use someone else's address to go to a different school other then your school district?

rmet4nzkx

mbhopcroft said:
What is the name of your state? Tennessee

Use someone else's address to go to a different school other then your school district?
That would be fraud and denies the rightful school district their funds.

mbhopcroft

So it is a felony?

see this girl i know is doing that because she got mad at her kid's school & is putting them somewhere else... I can't stand her, so i was just curious as if she would get into trouble for this!

CdwJava

mbhopcroft said:
So it is a felony?

see this girl i know is doing that because she got mad at her kid's school & is putting them somewhere else... I can't stand her, so i was just curious as if she would get into trouble for this!
If its the same as it is in my state, it is not that serious, but could result in local jail time if she does not correct the problem.

I doubt anyone is going to go to jail over falsifying an address in order to send them to another school, but ya never know.

- Carl

sefnfot

how is she falsifying her address? is she using a friends address, or is she using a tree and closet ( like in sienfeld) for an address?

sefnfot

mbhopcroft said:
So it is a felony?

i suppose you hate her kids too then? :confused:

CdwJava

mbhopcroft said:
If they are on a 6 yr felony probation would it hurt them?
Possibly. It depends on the nature of the violation in TN. This could be a whoppin' nothing in your state. In mine it would likely result in a fine at best ... after forcing them to re-register the child or get an interdistrict transfer through proper procedures.

- Carl

Some Random Guy

Not sure about TN, but in other states, families who got caught were forced to pay the 'tuition' for the schooling that they misappropriated. Generally 5-7K per year.

mvichitnand

I doubt that it's against the law, however there is an easier way to do it. All you do is contact the school and ask them what their procedure is for an out of district student to attend school there. Usually (if there is enough space in the class) thet ask that you write a letter stating why the student should attend (or be able to continue going to) school there. If there isn't enough room in the class, they get put on a waiting list.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">