• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Age of consent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

HS Jobe

What is the name of your state? Minnesota
Im from minnesota and i have a girlfriend from high school, shes 17 years old, and im 19, would it be legal for us to have a sexaul relationship?

H

HS Jobe

Racer72, i had looked further into this issue, and found that it indeed was legal, maybe you should think over your replies more before posting because your commenting on people's problems. Which of course, most of them are pretty emotional or serious.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

HS Jobe said:
Racer72, i had looked further into this issue, and found that it indeed was legal, maybe you should think over your replies more before posting because your commenting on people's problems. Which of course, most of them are pretty emotional or serious.

My response:

Then, you didn't need these forums after all.

You see, like Racer, I too would have told you "No." It's obvious to me that Racer doesn't agree with your State's law in this regard and, quite frankly, neither do I. I looked at your post yesterday and I was going to respond to you but didn't have the "nerve". But, Racer did.

I applaud Racer for his courage and attempt to dissuade you from having sexual relations with a girl that both Racer and I feel is still too young.

IAAL

N

NorthDA

I am always liable

from minnesota

This has nothing to do with the thread... I just wanted to tell "I am always liable" that I enjoyed his disclaimer. And I'm not being sarcastic. It's just too bad that its gotten to such a point.

S

shadowknight

I came to this site for legal advise as did the 19 year old in this post most people I have seen come here for legal advice not someones opinion of what they think is right and wrong. Sorry if this steps on toes but it is true! I think what this "i am always liable", said to be quit sad that a lawyer would so boldly lie to a 19 year old about the law just to what, make him feel he saved some girl from have a sexual relation to young in his opinion. Regardless if he was to lie about that to a 19yr old why would anyone on this site see his advise to hold truth for them when he so boldly stood in this post and said he would have lied to a 19 yr old so easly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">