• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Age of Consent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jerrywonder

What is the name of your country ? Canada

I kno this is just for the USA, but there are no canadian sites like this...

I found the legel documentation, but Im not understanding all of it. I know the age of consent in Canada is 14, but just wanted to know if you have to be within 2 years ??

Heres the documentation, i wouldn't waste ur time asking if i could understand all this on my own...

http://www.ageofconsent.com/canada.htm

calatty

You can't understand the document because it is in "legalese," a language also used in the United States. It is designed to be incomprehensible to the layperson and so keep lawyers in business. A summary translation is: You can't have sex with a minor between the ages of 12 and 14 unless you yourself are between 12 and 16, or you are no more than two years older than the minor. It is not a defense that you may have thought the minor was over 14 unless you took all reasonable steps to find out how old s/he was.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">