• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

age of consent Ohio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joemomma

Im in Ohio, I met a girl online, her profile said she was 18 years of age, Im 32. she asked me out to dinner, we talked about the age difference, I specifically asked if she was 18 and she said yes. well we went to dinner and then I offered to go back to my place, she agreed, we started kissing, and then we had sex. afterwards she told me she was only 17. now this girl wants to see me again and I told her absolutely not. she also said not to worry because ohio's age of consent is 16. is there anything that can happen to me now that we have had sex, furthermore, as bad as this sounds, but what if I did see her again and we did have sex. can I be charged with a crime? OhioWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

cyjeff

First, just because statutory rape is off the table doesn't mean you are out of trouble.

Did you take the little girl across state lines to schtup her?

You should be running from this situation as if it meant your very life to do so.

Because it does.

Now.....STOP SCREWING CHILDREN...

joemomma

the orc

we did not even cross county lines, and the orc has something in there that states something about having over a 10 year age difference, would that pertain to this situation? And remember, I do not plan on seeing this girl ever agian, I merely am now curious to see if i can get into any trouble now that we have had sex.

cyjeff

we did not even cross county lines, and the orc has something in there that states something about having over a 10 year age difference, would that pertain to this situation? And remember, I do not plan on seeing this girl ever agian, I merely am now curious to see if i can get into any trouble now that we have had sex.
I tell you what.

Don't BS me and I won't BS you.

Your first POST already started "but if I see her again" crap.

LEAVE THE LITTLE GIRL ALONE, YOU DEPRAVED PERV.

Does that leave any doubt in your mind?

BOR

Did you read my link?

joemomma

Bor

I did read the link, this is the part that confuses me, (3) Except as otherwise provided in division (B)(4) of this section, if the offender is ten or more years older than the other person, unlawful sexual conduct with a minor is a felony of the third degree.

And yes in my post, when i state, "as bad as this sounds but what if it happened again" I merely am trying to figure out the law exactly as it is meant, I am not going to see this girl again.

BOR

I did read the link, this is the part that confuses me, (3) Except as otherwise provided in division (B)(4) of this section, if the offender is ten or more years older than the other person, unlawful sexual conduct with a minor is a felony of the third degree.

That's only IF she is under 16 to start with.

cyjeff

Actually the law puts the AOC at 16.
I know... I said that statutory rape was off the table.

Of course, this assumes that the girl that originally lied to you about being 18 is not now lying to you about being 17.

I am guessing you STILL haven't seen her driver's license... if she even has one.

joemomma

Bor

Thank you for giving me some help and not criticism, I came on here for some advise, not to be berated. I did not know she was 17. Your demeanor outshines the rest in these forums and it shows. Thank you

cyjeff

Thank you for giving me some help and not criticism, I came on here for some advise, not to be berated. I did not know she was 17. Your demeanor outshines the rest in these forums and it shows. Thank you
Berated?

You are a grown man that has slept with a minor you solicited on the internet.

You didn't check her id when you were getting cozy, and now want all these bad people to stop yelling at you.

YOU didn't do the right thing from the beginning.

BOR

You are welcome, BUT still be VERY cautious here. In Ohio, although the AOC is 16, the Age of Majority is still 18. She is still under parental control and you are 32.

If she lied in the 1st place saying she was 18, and now says she is 17, she could be 15 next time.

joemomma

cyjeff

Thank you for your time and opinion, but I was looking for the laws of the fact of the matter, not what ifs. Now I have found what I was looking for, I am in the clear legally, and now I do not have to worry about any legal reproctions from one act of intimacy. Lets keep the free advise to legal advise, not personal opinion. Youll probably get better reviews.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">