• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Age of Consent Questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kickingitincali

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah & California

There is a girl I have been talking to from Utah and who we grew to like each other so much that I am flying out there in a few days for a few days at her house. Her mom I have talked to also over cam and she is the one who suggested I stay there. This is obviously a mature and honest relationship with best of intentions. But on that note we both have urges of affection that we would like to bestow upon each other and I have a few questions.

I am guessing that Utah is the law that would be used since thats where we will be and was curious if anyone knew the age of consent and where to find out the current one? Some sites I googled said 18, some 16, and some said 18 w/out parents consent and 16 w/ parents consent. :confused:If anyone could find out where and let me know so I can check for myself as well it would be helpful.

And another question on the whole age of consent.. what does it regard to because I definitely dont see us having sexual intercourse for a while but at least a kiss, maybe forehead. Just wondering what is considered, by law, to be wrong.

Thanks in advance for the answer.:DWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Proserpina

And uh...

A kiss on the forehead does not really fall in line with "urges of affection", dude.

At least be honest with us.

CdwJava

Your age will be important in the equation as to whether sexual relations would be lawful.

A kiss to the forehead will, of course, be legal. Fondling, groping, or any form of contact with intimate parts could be criminal depending on your respective ages.

There might also be other laws that come into play. Apparently Utah also has on the books some obscure fornification law concerning unmarried couples. And, of course, if you defy mom and boink her daughter you could find yourself charged for other offenses.

It is NEVER a good idea to cross state lines to have sex.

Kickingitincali

Thanks for responses.

I'm 22, her 17. and It makes me slightly uncomfortable but I also feel for her and in that case age doesnt matter. But I do want to be a good citizen as well.

Obviously there are more urges than just a kiss on the forehead but I also dont plan on having sex with her for sometime. But a kiss on the forehead, being legal, could be a substitute ya know?

Nobody answered about being 16 with parental consent in Utah. Anyone know or know where to find this?

CdwJava

If it is unlawful, the parent cannot consent to it.

It seems that UT law permits sexual relations at 16 as long as the age difference is less than 10 years. However, there is still the fornication laws that can be brought into play, and the possibility of custodial interference or contributing to the delinquency laws that might come into play if you get the child to disobey mom.

Now, that being said ... what kind of perv wants to go to another state just to hook up with a CHILD!?! :mad:

If you had some actual respect for the girl, you'd at least wait until she has reached adulthood. There is just something inherently ... icky ... about flying or driving part way across the country just to get your wick wet with a minor.

Legal or not, it makes my skin crawl.

Kickingitincali

If it is unlawful, the parent cannot consent to it.

It seems that UT law permits sexual relations at 16 as long as the age difference is less than 10 years. However, there is still the fornication laws that can be brought into play, and the possibility of custodial interference or contributing to the delinquency laws that might come into play if you get the child to disobey mom.

Now, that being said ... what kind of perv wants to go to another state just to hook up with a CHILD!?! :mad:

If you had some actual respect for the girl, you'd at least wait until she has reached adulthood. There is just something inherently ... icky ... about flying or driving part way across the country just to get your wick wet with a minor.

Legal or not, it makes my skin crawl.
Thanks for this. Where would you find this info? Im curious because I couldnt. And I totally understand your viewpoint but its not me going there just to get my "wick wet" (that made me laugh) I dont plan on doing anything serious with her. I just like her, truly. We are thinking long term and this is why her mom who is level-headed and dad who was a cop for 22 years are allowing me to come out and invited me to stay with them. They thought it was a nice gesture. I just cant wait to kiss her and since its legal I will first thing when I see her :D EVEN with it being legal, if her parents didnt want us to have any intercourse I wouldnt out of respect. This isnt the case of a perv drivin to get some. Weve been talking for a while and both share a strong connection. As cliche as that sounds. But thanks for the answer and if you could give a reference for it and the other laws you referred to it would be great for me to get some knowledge on it.

Proserpina

Thanks for this. Where would you find this info? Im curious because I couldnt. And I totally understand your viewpoint but its not me going there just to get my "wick wet" (that made me laugh) I dont plan on doing anything serious with her. I just like her, truly. We are thinking long term and this is why her mom who is level-headed and dad who was a cop for 22 years are allowing me to come out and invited me to stay with them. They thought it was a nice gesture. I just cant wait to kiss her and since its legal I will first thing when I see her :D EVEN with it being legal, if her parents didnt want us to have any intercourse I wouldnt out of respect. This isnt the case of a perv drivin to get some. Weve been talking for a while and both share a strong connection. As cliche as that sounds. But thanks for the answer and if you could give a reference for it and the other laws you referred to it would be great for me to get some knowledge on it.

I....can't.

I just can't.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
This is just too creepy to respond to.

Kickinitincal, I have rarely been as creeped out by a post as I have by this one. And the fact that several people have had the same response should tell you something about your plan.

TigerD

...if her parents didnt want us to have any intercourse I wouldnt out of respect.
As a Dad, I can assure that no parent wants their daughter having intercourse. As a human being, I am appalled at your thought-process.

This isnt the case of a perv drivin to get some.
Actually, that is exactly what you are describing.

Weve been talking for a while and both share a strong connection.
Great. Keep talking. If it is that real, it will wait until she is an adult.

Of course, her daddy, the cop, could just be waiting to have your butt in his jurisdiction.

DC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">