• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Age of legal consent-legal action?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burp112

What is the name of your state? INDIANA

hi , not sure where i was supposed to post this but here i go....
Anway , recently my g/f father said that he was going to press charges on the grounds of statutory rape(legal age of consent in IN is 16 y/o). I just turned 19 y/o and she is 17 y/o. Her father has no legal custody on her and moreover, does not pay the court set amount of child support. Me and the girls mother, who has full legal custody of her have talked about the sex issue. It is obviously consentual sex, and the girl is in no danger whatso ever. Can her "father" actually have a legal option or is he just blowing steam? Is there anything i need to be prepared, such as an attorney standing by or maybe some more information on the Laws of Consent in Indiana? I would appreciate some help.

Thank you

CdwJava

From the Indiana Code, it seems that she can legally give consent.

http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/code/title35/ar42/ch4.html

Morally, it is wrong ... and practically, it can (and often does) lead to children before either party is ready.

If the girl is disobeying parents or being encouraged to disobey them or remain out after curfew, etc., you can be charged with criminal offenses related to that.

As an FYI, a person can report a crime whether they are a custodial parent or not. If your girlfriend were under 16 - or if you are in a "superior" position to her - he can report it to the police whether mom wants him to do so or not.

It would seem that you are likely free from any prosecution for so-called, statutory rape allegations.

- Carl

BelizeBreeze

What is the name of your state? INDIANA

hi , not sure where i was supposed to post this but here i go....
Anway , recently my g/f father said that he was going to press charges on the grounds of statutory rape(legal age of consent in IN is 16 y/o).
Wrong! IC 35-42-4-3
I just turned 19 y/o and she is 17 y/o.
irrelevant.
Her father has no legal custody on her
completely irrelevant
and moreover, does not pay the court set amount of child support.
Again, completly irrelevant.
Me and the girls mother, who has full legal custody of her have talked about the sex issue. It is obviously consentual sex, and the girl is in no danger whatso ever.
More irrelevant facts.
Can her "father" actually have a legal option or is he just blowing steam?
Or COURSE he has a 'legal position'. He is her father.
Is there anything i need to be prepared, such as an attorney standing by or maybe some more information on the Laws of Consent in Indiana? I would appreciate some help.

Thank you
Yes, you can keep it in your pants until she is 18 and an adult. This is not a matter of 'consent' but of parental authority.

Burp112

Or COURSE he has a 'legal position'. He is her father.

"Yes, you can keep it in your pants until she is 18 and an adult. This is not a matter of 'consent' but of parental authority."[/QUOTE]

He has legally and consentually given up all rights on her. Morally i guess he might have a small say, but the guys a low life snake anyway

BelizeBreeze

He has legally and consentually given up all rights on her. Morally i guess he might have a small say, but the guys a low life snake anyway
Where did you get this idiotic comment? Do you have proof that he has given up his constitutional rights?

Last edited by a moderator:

Burp112

Worthless comment. Go rant somewhere else u legal moron. And yes he did i saw the divorce papers. Im sick of people like you that have the same opinion and judgment of everybody my age. I am not "humping" his daughter, maybe thats how you were raised but where i grew up sex isnt just sex.

BelizeBreeze

Worthless comment. Go rant somewhere else u legal moron. And yes he did i saw the divorce papers.
Just as I thought. You are an idiot. Divorce does NOT terminate a parent's rights you imbecile.
Im sick of people like you that have the same opinion and judgment of everybody my age. I am not "humping" his daughter, maybe thats how you were raised but where i grew up sex isnt just sex.
So you are having safe sex?

Grow up sonny boy. The father has just as much rights as the mother in this situation. Which means the father can file an order of protection against you keeping you away from HIS daughter, can use the mother's 'approval' of the sexual misconduct as grounds to remove the child from the home and a whole lot of other things I don't plan on enlightening you on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">