• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

agg assault with deadly weapon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cklm

What is the name of your state (texas)?

im new here and im not sure if i posted my thead in the correct forrum....here is my brothers story....

my brother just turned 17yrs old in january....when he was 16 he was cought with some pills in school and was put in probabation for 1 yr...he finished his probation in feb or march im not sure...well both of my brothers where arrested last saturday night....my brother who is 17yrs old was charged with agg assault with a deadly weapon and my other brother was charged with burglary....here is the story they left the house together and they were together the whole time afterwards...it was around 9:30pm...supposely my 17 yr old brother and his friend robbed a couple in the park and pointed a gun at them the "victims" (it was a couple) claim they took their wallets and their cellphones ...the victims where then told to get in the car (my brothers car) and they were driving around and dropped off at some street...both of my brothers and a friend were arrested in a gas station because the "victims" called the police and gaved the discription of my 17 yr old brother and his car...they also gaved him his name and everything....so the "victims" new my brother from school....well when my 15 yr old brother was asked what did he know about the robbery...he "confesed" of breaking into a house and stealing 41 pairs of Jordans and liquor bottles..i guess my 15yr ol brother thought the cops where talking about that robbery....well my 15 yr old was sent to juvinile and we picked him up the next day....he is now on stict probation until his court day and then we will find out what punishment he will get....well who im worried about is my 17 yr old brother..he is still in jail cause he was given a $30000 bond...we cant bail him out and pay the lawyer at the same time so he will have to wait in there until we get the money....my 17 yr old brother swears he had nothing to do with the assault..he says he wasnt there and he doesnt know anything....at the time of the arrest they found the "victims" cell phone on his friend .not on my brother...they also searched the car and they didnt find the gun they supposely used....the assault happened somewhere between 10:30pm and they were arrented around 11:00pm...something is not right cause if the assault really happened the way the victims claimed it happened ...then why wasnt my 15yr old brother pointed out since he was with my 17yr old brother the whole night....not just them...they were also with two other female friends that whole night...the girls didnt get arrested....their parents picked them up at the gas station....the only evidence they have is the cell phone they found on my brothers friend ......its just the "victims" word against my brothers and the girls...cause they all say they have nothing to so with the robbery....

i am very scared for my brother...his record is not clear cause he was on probabation so thats not good for him....

what can i expect?...can he do prison time even though the cops didnt found the gun they supposely used??? what are the chances of him getting out soon?....sorry if my story is a lil confusing

cyjeff

There is an excellent chance that the eye witness, especially an eye witness that knew the attacker previously, will be believed. Especially since the victims spent an extended amount of time with the attackers.

Your best ways to help your brother all include selling everything he owns to get him the best attorney possible. EVERYTHING.

Does your brother have a reliable alibi for the time in question? Hopefully, one that doesn't involve another felony... like your other brother.

Listen... your family is on a really rough path. To be so okay with the burglary felony is a little shocking.

Billy V

He has an attorney correct? And you are just looking for some opinions in the outcome? Unfortunately, there are too many variables for anyone to give you anything but the statutory range of punishment for the crime ~ and this information is easily found.

Shay-Pari'e

The victims identified their attackers..

This is a felony..even at your brothers age)..considering he was already on probation and had rules of his probation to follow..

(Personal note)..I am saddened to see a family where most of their children are criminals..There is so much more out there..not just a jail cell..but frankly..he does deserve to be there..as I suspect the other brother..

You played this off as if it is no big deal...

He will be sentenced for this crime.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">