• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Aggravated Assault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

IntlStudent

What is the name of your state? Virginia
I'm an international student here in virginia. I was involved in an aggravated assault, with no fault of mine. I was walking towards my department at 1am when i was approached by a man and a woman who posed to be asking for my cell, when they assaulted me.
The people involved (2) confessed. And i have a court date coming up soon when they will get charged.
I have 6 stiches on my face and am left with a minor fracture. Do i have a case for a civil suit to sue them? how do i go about doing it?
how much will i have to spend if any? will it be part of my record?
please help.

seniorjudge

Q: Do i have a case for a civil suit to sue them?

A: It's possible; hire a personal injury lawyer to assess your case.

Q: how do i go about doing it?

A: See answer above.

Q: how much will i have to spend if any?

A: Ask the lawyer.

Q: will it be part of my record?

A: It will always be a matter of public record; I don't know what you mean by "my" record. (When I was a kid, the teachers always told us that something bad we did would go on "your permanent record" but I never have seen my permanent record, so I couldn't tell you if it is on there or not.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">