• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

aggravated assault with deadly weapon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fisherboy

What is the name of your state? FL
Last week I was arrested in my home on the charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. My neighbor called the police, because my boyfriend and father of my child had pushed me and was out of control. Our son was not awake during confrontation. But i woke him and sent him to the neighbors house while I tried to pack a bag and leave for the night. He told me if police were called, he would tell them I tried to kill myself, and him. I just wanted to leave and by them my neighbor called police. When they arrived we were already separated in different houses. They took my statement observed marks on my arms. I told them that he was bi-polar and off his meds. They left to take his statement. When they came back I filled out a statement form and the officer began asking me about the knife I picked up. I told them what he said but they kept asking if I was suicidal. I told them that I never picked it up. I didn't want him to go to jail, but only for us to split up.
Next thing I know I'm being arrested and taken to jail. I have no prior arrest record, and have never even had a speeding ticket. I was released on PTR and am on probation until court. Now he wants to drop charges. Is this possible? I don't want this to ruin my good record or my life. HELP?!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">