• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Aggravated Battery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I have been charged with aggravated battery and I have been fighting this case for about 11 months now. Here is the situation. A meter maid ILLEGALLY parked her car in front of me on a one way street. She got out of her car and asked for my drivers license. I said No. She said give me the your or Im calling the police and a tow truck. I asked to her to move her vehicle she said No. I waited about 2 minutes. She walked away and started to call the police. I reveresed down the one way street maybe a block and a half and left. Three weeks later I find out I have a warrant for my arrest. The meter maid claims that I hit her with my side view mirror. I am college student and I had 2 other college students in the car with me that witnesses it. There were no other witnesses. The police asked if she was hurt or injured she said NO she was just a little sore. She said the side view mirror spun her around and she fell to the ground. She also said that as I was reversing I had a stunned look on my face, which shows that it was not done intentional. I want to know what you guys think about this and possible advice to help me. In order for it to be aggravated battery does it have to be intentional and does there need to be injury. Another thing i found in the police report is that the investegator in this case only asked for a charge of wreckless conduct. So with this in mind shouldnt this show that the investagator didnt think this warranted a aggravated battery charge? This is also in a small town in IL so I am scared of a jury trial. What do you guys think ?

Last edited:

H

hexeliebe

I think you need to speak with an attorney as of yesterday. We only get half of every story here and the best we can do is a guess at what the real story is.

You said you have witnesses. Well, how can we interview witnesses, read the police report, investigate and come to a valid conclusion on what the proper course of action would be?

Go see an attorney right now.

I have a public defender...But I think he is working with the other side......My question is can the State try me under Reckless Driving even though they never charged me with it? How much time do they have to do this and how much notice do they need to give me of the new charge ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">