• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Aggravated Battery in Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ricdavis

What is the name of your state? Fl

I was arrested on a charge of aggravated battery and held in jail for 39 days. I then had what was called a 33 day (they can't count days or ballots right there I guess) motion hearing and was released on my own recognisanse. I have never been arraigned (as far as I know) or formally charged....I never entered a plea anyway. I am assuming I was freed while the state decides if they have a case (they don't) or not. my question is how long do they have to let me know if I am going to have a court date or if it is all going to be dropped while I sit in limbo? I had to give them my address of where I am staying and I don't know how long this can go on for. I was assigned a public defender but at this point all I have is a division and not an actual attorney and I can never reach anything other than a voice mail which they never return calls on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">