• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Aggrivatd assult help!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rjk2k7

What is the name of your state? PA

Hey guys I hope this is the right forum topic to post this in. Ok well this is not for me, but for my friend. He recently got in a fight at a party punched a man knocked him out and after he got knocked out he hit his head off the kitchen island. It was only one punch he threw well next morning man goes to hospital has a broken nose and 7 broken bones in his face! Well nether the less he went to the cops my friend is being charged with aggrivated assult(im assuming felonly) simple assult, and harsment. Evidently he turned himself in and he addmited to hitting the man! I told him not to( I am currently takign criminal justice classes) Since he basicly addmitted to the crime do you think the DA will proscute to the full extent and not give out a plea bargin? And also is there any defesne for what he did every though he already admited to doing it? His prelimanry hearing is set for June 3rd and of course its going to get sent to the courthouse any tips and or help for him. Thanks guys

FlyingRon

You are correct (that he should have kept his mouth shut without advice of cousnel) A plea bargain is possible, but his lawyer is the one who should be working on that with the DA prior to or coincident with the preliminary hearing. If they won't drop the charges and your bf has a relatively clean record, then ARD may be something the lawyer will also try to do (essentially deferring conviction pending successful completion of a probation). He needs to find a lawyer now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">