• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

aid and abet underage drinking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

victor41c

Im a college student in Newport News, Virginia, and i have some questions about a charge i was given. I had a party at my apartment which got pretty big, there were a lot of freshman there. The cops came and issued over 60 underage possession tickets. I am 21, recieved a summons for aid and abet the charge of underage possession of alcohol. People have told me various things ranging from that I will only get probabation and jail time and a fine suspended, to that i could be looking at actual jail time. I was wondering if anybody could help me out and explain just what is likely to be done. I dont think i recieved a charge for every single underage just one broad charge
-george

racer72

This is serious enough that you need to consult with a local attorney. Don't say you can't afford to talk to one, it will cost you a whole lot more in the long run if you don't.

JETX

victor41c said:
I was wondering if anybody could help me out and explain just what is likely to be done.
Yep.
You are likely to get a fine and a jail sentence. How much the fine might be, high long the jail sentence or whether the jail sentence is probated or not, depends entirely on the court.

HomeGuru

JETX said:
Yep.
You are likely to get a fine and a jail sentence. How much the fine might be, high long the jail sentence or whether the jail sentence is probated or not, depends entirely on the court.

**A: and it may be likely that the prosecutor throws 60 separate charges your way for the exact same offense. The 60 underage party animals will say it was your party and drinks were freely served.
It's you party and you can cry if you want to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">