• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

aidding & abetting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

larustica

What is the name of your state? north carolina, my brother just got out of the state correctional inst. and is staying at my house and I let him use my car, if he goes out and does a crime on my car can they charge me or take my car?

H

hmmbrdzz

Yes they can take your car. If your brother uses that car in a crime, your car will be impounded. Depending on the crime, your car could stay impouned. Whether or not you can get charged with A&B would depend if you had knowledge that he was getting ready to commit a crime. From your post here, I would advise you to NOT let your brother use your car at any time. If he needs to go to his PO or go look for a job, he can find someone to take him or pay you for the ride. Watch him. He's fresh out.

hmmbrdzz

racer72

A couple of other things you may want to know. If your brother is on probation, did you know that his probation officer and the police can show up at your place and search your house without a warrant? And do you have receipts for any major items in your house, especially TV's, VCR's, and stereos? If he is busted again you can bet the police will want to look at most of the stuff in your house. Proof that it is yours is recommended.

And I forgot, if your brother was convicted of a felony, he cannot have anything to do with guns, including living in a house that has guns. If you have any, it would be best to remove them from the house. They could be siezed if one of those unannounced visits from his probation officer was to happen.

Last edited:
A

aahlee

In other woids, its a shame how they treat ex cons on theoutside.

thats why its best to lock them up and lose the key, its safer and probably cheaper.

Remember in this society its VERY EASY to catch STUPID criminals, so for your brother to bum a ride from an old friend who just happens to have even a little drugs on him, while being stopped by the police for say a tail light out, you brother is going back to jail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">