• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alias

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Calvins8

What is the name of your state? RI

I am a resident of Rhode Island however, I was arrested in New Jersey a few months ago. When we were booked the arresting officer presented us the wrong fingerprints to sign and I accidentally signed my co-defendants fingerprints and vice-versa. (Nobody's to blame; we should have looked at the information we were signing and the police should have presented us the right fingerprints) Once the error was realized we re-submitted our information at the New Jersey police department. All of our information now appears to be in order except on the interstate criminal history index; where it lists my name and Social Security number as his alias. We proceeded to court where I was given a 1 year Conditional Discharge and the judge strongly advised that I fix the error as my co-defendant has several priors. The NJ police department and my NJ attorney stated that the problem needs to be fixed in RI since I am a resident here. After discussing the issue with my local police department and the RI Attorney General`s Office they said that only the arresting department can change my information. How do I remove my name and Social Security Number from my co-defendants identification? Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">